Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2015 19:00

webcam central

Just bought a Inspiron 15 3000 series. Webcam central is not on the computer. I went through all the troubleshooting videos on dell.com. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. emailed tech support and got no response. Where is the link to download webcam central? It is not in my download locker. This just seems way more complicated than it should be.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 18th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

As suggested by jessy.holiday you can download the Dell Webcam central from the link provided by him if the system has Windows 7 operating system.

4 Posts

March 18th, 2015 16:00

Thanks, that worked. I also downloaded Movie maker.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 16th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Windows 8.1 has a native camera application so Dell felt no need to make a Windows 8.1 version of Dell Webcam Central.

However, if the system came with Dell WebCam Central 2.0 it will be pre-installed from the factory and will be shipped with no media for reinstallation of the software. You can download the software from My Dell Downloads.

4 Posts

March 16th, 2015 16:00

The problem is my laptop has Windows 7 professional. The weird thing is the disk that came in the box is labeled Windows 8.1

I have spent a lot of time searching My Dell Downloads. Webcam central is not listed as something I can download. I have watched tutorials, searched online. Seems like there should be a link that would be easy to find.

371 Posts

March 16th, 2015 17:00

if u do a search for it here in the search box. u will find the link. also, i searched thru google and found version 2.0 available . i have win8.1 and didnt install it coz heard a lot of ppl on here having trouble with it.

4 Posts

March 16th, 2015 18:00

The links I found on google did not work. It would not install. When I followed the tutorials it said the link to download would show up in my account but all that showed up was McAfee. I guess I need to just research and find some other software to capture video.

371 Posts

March 16th, 2015 21:00

u can try this. i didnt download and install coz like i said, havent heard too much good about the program. but that being said, everyone comes on here coz they are having problems.

also i downloaded Microsoft Movie Maker to make vids and stuff. easy to use and some options. i would recommend it for making vids, its free too..

This is the direct link to download the Dell Webcam Central progam. This is the full version of the program and not an update. The software will install Webcam Central version 1.40.05  Please note that the "Driver Details" page will list this as for a Dell SX2210 monitor.  This is the correct link for the Webcam Central software for all notebook systems shown under the "Compatibility" drop-down. 

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

No Events found!