Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2011 13:00

webcam not working in n5010

Since last one week my webcam has stopped working, even if i open Dell Webcam Central or any other software message prompts "please plug in supported device".  I am using windows 7 32bit.

Please suggest solution to the problem.

Thanking You 

Best Regards,

Akshay Mahurkar

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 23rd, 2011 07:00

Start>All Programs>Windows Update (above) the folders.

Select optional updates, see if anything there for Webcam.

Right click the unknown device and go to properties. Go to "Roll back driver" if possible. If not try uninstall on both unknown devices. Reboot, then do the scan for hardware changes again.

Finally if that fails try doing a system restore (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Restore my Computer to an earlier time) Select a time where the webcam worked. Hopefully that will get it back up and running.

I am suspecting a windows update, interfering with the camera, as its happening to alot of people. If it works then try running Windows update again. Reboot, if it doesn't work again then you know it is something within that set of updates.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 22nd, 2011 13:00

Is the webcam showing up in device manager?

There seem to be alot of users experiencing problems with their webcam. Try and follow the steps here and here.

As there are so many people experiencing problems with their webcams. I made a post on Dell Idea Storm for Dell to provide better webcam drivers. Hopefully if enough people promote the idea, Dell will look into it.

Please add your vote. :) http://www.ideastorm.com/ideaView?id=087700000008Y9HAAU

July 23rd, 2011 01:00

not worked for me.... :(

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 23rd, 2011 02:00

Hi does it show up in device manager or not?

You should have some sort of camera mentioned under Imaging Devices (I have a logitech camera there).

(Press the [Windows] and [Pause|Break] keys or right click computer and select properties. Then select device manager on the left).

Is it marked in yellow or not present? Have you tried clicking the scan for hardware changes button (under help)?

Did you try installing R230103.exe and this here (think is more or less the same thing)?

Did you add the vote to the idea storm? If enough people vote then Dell may seriously look into it and prevent it from happening/provide a better solution.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 23rd, 2011 06:00

When you right click these unknown devices? And click update driver > search automatically for updated driver software, what happens?

Also when you click update driver > browse my computer for driver software (select C:\Dell and also try C:\Drivers). Any luck?

no..."device driver software was not successfully installed"

I just typed "imaging devices" i got a dialog box having nothing in it

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

And the scan for hardware changes, did it do anything?

Hi there is no option with "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager

I installed R230103.exe and also the other link provided by you...

waiting for ur reply

Thanking You 

Best Regards,

Akshay Mahurkar

July 23rd, 2011 07:00

tried both with same output prompting  "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

and now one yellow color exclamatory symbol is also appearing.  :(

July 23rd, 2011 12:00

thanx a lot  natakuc4 for solving my problem, i just restored the system, and it worked for me...once again thank u very very much....

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 23rd, 2011 13:00

Glad you got it up and running again. Did you try updating Windows after, did it still work?

July 23rd, 2011 21:00

no...my windows is no genuine :P

No Events found!