Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2014 22:00

webcam not working

i am using dell inspiron 3521, win8 ; my webcam is not working as a open my camera app it says couldnot connect and also i am unable to make skype video calls

June 29th, 2014 03:00

Hi Pranav Puri,

Welcome to community.

Try the following steps and let me know the outcome.

If the webcam is detected by the computer, it will show in Device Manager under 'Imaging Devices'. To check the webcam in 'Device Manager':

Press and hold the Windows key and press 'R' key. This will open the run window -> type 'devmgmt.msc' without the parenthesis, click on 'Ok' -> this will open the Device Manager window. Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed, If the webcam is listed -> Right click and uninstall -> Restart and see if it makes any difference.

If issue persists or the webcam is not listed, try uninstalling the USB root hubs from Device Manager and check if it makes any difference.

Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ -> From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’ -> Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’ -> Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed -> Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled -> Restarted the computer -> Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer.

You may also try to press the area near webcam and see if it makes any difference. This is to check if there is an issue with loose webcam cable.

Windows 8 usually does not require any application. You can access the 'Camera' app from the start screen. In case you are not able to see the 'Camera' app on the start screen, you can download it from 'Windows Store Apps'

Or you can try the steps below:

Uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

• Programs and Features.
  • Click Dell Webcam Central.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
  • Once uninstalled restart the computer.

Install: 

http://dell.to/1rLM8WB

If the issue persists,  run diagnostics on webcam.

http://dell.to/UWSGHn

Under component select camera and click on Run diagnostics.

Awaiting your response!

June 29th, 2014 06:00

i have checked my device driver, and there is no such option of imaging devices.

July 1st, 2014 22:00

Hi Pranav Puri,

Sorry for the delayed response as I was on leave.

Please run ePSA diagnostics on the computer.

ePSA can be selected from the BIOS Boot Menu under Diagnostics, in other words:

1. Press at the welcome screen for the boot menu
  2. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press to begin ePSA.
  3. Write down any error codes obtained during the ePSA diagnostics.
  4. Use the list provided in the ePSA Codes section below to see what the error code means.

If the issue persists, then please send me a private message with the system service tag so that I can check what can be done.To send a private message,

Click on my username (Dell-Mohammed S) -

* Click "Send A Message" to send me a Private message.

* If you scroll to the bottom and add a Comment, that is a Public message that all can read.

July 2nd, 2014 06:00

i run the diagnostics but no error came, also i have installed dell web cam central but nothing works

July 2nd, 2014 20:00

Hi Pranav Puri,

If the issue persists, then please send me a private message with the system service tag so that I can check what can be done.To send a private message,

Click on my username (Dell-Mohammed S) -

* Click "Send A Message" to send me a Private message.

* If you scroll to the bottom and add a Comment, that is a Public message that all can read.

No Events found!