Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 19th, 2015 16:00

why my laptop goes to sleep when I unplug it?

I have a dell Inspiron 3531 with window 8,1 and I have no idea why its been doing that recently  anyone knows whats wrong with it? someone said to update the bios but the recommended bios update according to my service tag when i try to install it the driver stops working, any other suggestions?

May 20th, 2015 10:00

Hi carlosbrador,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum

I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/1EXVPps 

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/1Kk2YYX 

5.2K Posts

May 20th, 2015 17:00

It sounds like the battery is dead. Is it going into sleep or turning off? A BIOS update will not run if the battery is dead of not charged.

May 21st, 2015 12:00

it goes to sleep when i press the power button it comes back to where i was, the battery is not dead its working perfectly fine and the Bios update seems to be a problem among all the users of this laptop model, it runs but it just crashes after it starts preparing to install.

May 23rd, 2015 08:00

Hi carlosbrador,

Please share the error message which you see when you trying to update BIOS. We will further help you with the resolution.

May 23rd, 2015 20:00

When i run the 3531A03.exe it runs and then when it starts loading it stops working .

i found this other post , it seems its a problem with all the users of this computer:

en.community.dell.com/.../19612050

May 26th, 2015 09:00

Hi carlosbrador,

Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS while system startup screen.
3. After BIOS update finished, system will auto reboot to take effect.

May 30th, 2015 06:00

where can I get the Bios update utility? 

If you mean the driver that's what i cant do it "stops working" then windows tries to find a fix online etc etc..

No Events found!