Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2016 12:00

windows 10 upgrade dell Latitude xt3

We have a latitude XT3 laptop 64 bit and I tried upgrading to windows 10.   However, when I did the screen goes crazy.   I am able to click on things because it is auto selecting items.   The mouse jumps around, the touch screen will not work because it acts like it is clicking on things itself.   It almost acts like it is possessed.

It works fine on windows 7, but when I upgrade to windows 10 this occurs.   I also tried upgrading all the drivers on windows 7 and the same thing happened.   I had to do a system restore to fix the issue.   What is the issue and is anyone else having this issue.

2 Posts

July 27th, 2016 19:00

Just this week I upgraded a XT3 from Windows 7 to 10. It works normal when connected to the docking station. But once it is disconnect from the dock, the mouse pointer starts jumping and I couldn't control the mouse and keyboard. When it is docked, things get normal again.

Do anyone know the fix?

1 Message

December 26th, 2016 10:00

yes me also after 2 dayes mouse start jumping

380 Posts

December 26th, 2016 22:00

You have the Intel Sandy Bridge chipset on your motherboard. This chipset has either the Intel HD Graphics 2000 or 3000 chip. This chip is not supported by Intel for Windows 10. They have not created nor will they create updated drivers for it. You are best off staying with Windows 7 on your current computer and getting a new computer if you want Windows 10.

JohnD

2 Posts

December 27th, 2016 01:00

I have found and reinstall the xt3 display driver (Windows 7), then use "Microsoft Windows Update Show or Hide" to stop the display driver being updated again.

No Events found!