Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2012 16:00

won't load recovery not working inspiron n5110

good day everyone,a fewdays ago my pc started to malfunction itwon't load stays at the logo screen, tried to do recovery but it just stayed on the process for 3 days without luck it didn't finish, tried to reinstall Windows and it also stayed on the process for 2 days until I had a power shut down in my house and the computer ran out of power so the installation didn't compete,didn't touch the recovery partitio it's intact but the system won't access it on boot anymore don't know what's wrong,already tried fixing disk errors ,ressetted bios options to default and no luck just seems like the computer is very slow while processing. any help Is appreciated thanks

677 Posts

October 25th, 2012 04:00

Hi valholy,

Since the 'Diagnostics' tests have passed, the hardware compoents are working fine. You can change the 'Sata Operation' mode in BIOS and try initiating the Operating system reinstallation once again. The following steps will help you in changing it.

Shut the system down, restart and keep tapping the 'F2' key at the Dell splash screen. The 'BIOS' page opens, select Advanced and change the 'Sata Operation' mode from 'ATA' to 'AHCI'. If 'AHCI' is selected then change it to 'ATA'. Once done, restart the system and initiate the Operating system reinstallation.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 18:00

F12 at powerup - boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.

6 Posts

October 24th, 2012 16:00

passed every test any other ideas?

6 Posts

October 25th, 2012 18:00

thank you so much! really appreciate it worked great

6 Posts

October 27th, 2012 22:00

got the same problem again but now on boot, the first time after installation of Windows it worked but today after trying to boot again it gets stuck when it's about to load the desktop it only shows the background, tried switching from ata on advanced settings but it just prevented the computer from even trying to boot, takes ages to process after installing Windows

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 05:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                                    

No Events found!