Highlighted
BrianYYC
Copper

xps 13 screen weird pattern

I've had my latest xps 13 (fourth one, last three had hardware issues and returned, maybe this one goes back too), and occasionally the screen gets filled with a weird pattern that won't go away until I power down. Has anyone seen this before? I swear, if this is another hardware defect I'm buying a Mac...

It usually happens when I haven't touched the laptop for a while, or the lid was down. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: xps 13 screen weird pattern

Have you seen the system do this while you actually working with the notebook. or only after being away from the system for a while or after closing the lid?  Have you ever noticed the problem after starting the system from a cold start,  and has there ever been a time when forcing the system down and restarting the system didn't correct the problem? The reason I ask is that this sounds like the system is hanging at suspend. Frustrating certainly but unlikely a hardware fault, in your opinion have you ever not been able to recover the system after this has happened?

If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest updating the latest Intel HD video driver for your model of system and see if it helps.  You may wish to consider uninstalling the driver if you already have the newest revision, and then download and reinstalling it fresh. 

I do suggest running diagnostics just to make sure that there isn't any hardware failures. 

Please reply with the results of the diagnostics.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
BrianYYC
Copper

RE: xps 13 screen weird pattern

It never happens when I'm actively using the laptop, nor at the start, it always happens after a period of inactivity, either with the lid down or simply not touching it for a while.

The only possible connection is a series of "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" messages that occasionally happens (the last time today after I uninstalled and reinstalled the video driver).

I have the latest drivers for my laptop. I've run the diagnostics a couple of times, everything passes. 

0 Kudos