Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2013 02:00

0271 Error: Check date and time.... 0251 System CMOS Checksum Bad

my dell studio 1558 showing an error after dell logo...

0271 Error: Check date and time.... 

0251 System CMOS Checksum Bad

what does that means??? and why the are happening??

even after setting the new date and time, it happens again and again after each shut down..

help me out..

807 Posts

July 20th, 2013 02:00

Replace CMOS battery

ftp.dell.com/.../studio-1558_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Update BIOS to latest release

www.dell.com/.../studio-1558

1.3K Posts

July 20th, 2013 03:00

Hi Shubhanshu,

One of the most common reasons for a CMOS Checksum Bad Error to occur may be that the CMOS Battery may not be functioning properly. The battery life could have expired and you may need to replace the same. You can try to reseat the CMOS battery first to see if it resolves the issue and if that does not resolve it, try replacing the battery.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps. However, please dis-assemble the system chassis only if you are comfortable doing so and after reading the "Before You Begin" section in the Service Manual.

• Power the computer down and unplug it.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to purge any residual power.
  • Open the system chassis.
  • For information about how to open the chassis and remove, reseat, and replace components, refer to the Replacing and Removing Parts section of your System User's Guide.
  • Locate the battery socket on the motherboard. 
  • Reseat/replace the battery.
  • Close the system chassis.
  • Plug the power cables back into the computer and restart it.

Please click on the link below to access the Service Manual for your Dell Studio 1558: http://dell.to/12CXzme

Let us know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

July 24th, 2013 00:00

Hi Shubhanshu,

We hope the links provided were helpful in resolving the issue you were facing with your computer.

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1 Message

February 3rd, 2014 21:00

Dear Babita, 

I ran the complete DELL Diagnostics online to check whether my laptop is working fine or not and it showed everything is working absolutely perfect. But lately, whenever I switch on my laptop, I get a black screen showing error 251 and 271. I am now worried that it might affect the motherboard. Kindly guide me in the right direction. 

Thanks.Hoping for a positive response at the earliest.

No Events found!