Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

A

4 Posts

September 21st, 2004 05:00

700M + Extended Battery -- the battery is flimsy and jiggles around in the back??????

Hi I just got my brand new beautiful Inspiron 700M. I have one major problem with the machine though -- the battery in the back (I got the big extended one) jiggles! Like when it's clicked into place fully, I can still move it up and down a few mm's. Someone else who has one also doesn't have that problem. Theirs is locked fully into place securely. Can anyone please let me know their experience with this situation? Thanks!

120 Posts

September 22nd, 2004 15:00

Check to see if you have black foam strips in the area of the battery bay where the battery rests.  I noticed these on mine and makes my standard battery fit firmly into place with no jiggle.

5 Posts

September 23rd, 2004 12:00

Hate to say it but I've seen the same thing. I think that's just how they are. It makes me nervous to pick it up from the battery end becuase I'm afraid it will break off. It wiggles quite a bit. I always store it in a laptop bag, and put it front edge down, just in case.

I'm guessing thats' just how they are. It seems to be fully seated, it's just a little loose. The smaller battery fits much better becuase it does not stick out so far.

September 24th, 2004 05:00

Yes, I've noticed the loose connection, too -  both on the standard AND the extended battery.

Feels fragile...even though there are 2 metal hooks that hold it on in addition to the connector - I have to think that this is a potential "achilles heel" for this model.

90 Posts

October 4th, 2004 23:00

Hi

I have both batteries and the extended is much bigger and looser than the standard.  At first I thought I did not have it all the way in.  But that is as far as it goes.  It can be wiggled and feels like it would be easy to break off.  I think I will travel with the standard and just switch to the extended when its not in motion.  Fortunately I am covered with complete care.

Otherwise I like the computer.  The standard battery fit is OK.

Good luck all

Message Edited by jake c on 10-04-2004 07:54 PM

No Events found!