Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2016 03:00

About Warranty in India

I have purchased

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop Computer - 15.6" Screen / 6th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor / 1TB Hard Drive / 12GB Memory/ Windows 10

from amazon.com in US and they provide me 1 Year Dell Warranty on Parts and Labor there and now I am in India. Now I want warranty in India What should I do for it?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 13th, 2016 10:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you contact International Support Services in link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2016 11:00

It depends on whether you purchased from Amazon, or a third party Amazon storefront - and on the warranty you got with the system.

To transfer a warranty internationally,

1.  The system you purchased must be available in the location where you want to transfer TO,

2.  You must be the registered owner of the system (this can be a sticking point with third party resellers that sell grey-market goods),

3.  You must have purchased (or upgrade now at whatever cost in your current market) an onsite service plan.  The system comes from Dell with a 12-month depot-return warranty standard - this cannot be transferred internationally.

You'll need to contact Dell customer support in India.

2K Posts

August 14th, 2016 05:00

Hi UPASE.GURU,

Is there any issue with the system now? What is the exact system model?

Transfer the ownership online from US to India here - http://dell.to/1KpVTpc

If the system has only base warranty, then it cannot be transferred and you would not be eligible for a service call outside that country. Since you say, it has been provided with Parts and Labor, if it is next business day warranty, it should be transferable.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!