Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2016 09:00

Active pen for 7778 with pressure sensibility

Hello, I'm gonna buy a 7778 17'' 2in1 the next week, I'm almost certain about and I think is a really awesome machine! 

I just have a big doubt. I don't know anything about touch 2in1 devices, I'm using an old Acer aspire with Wacom Cintiq tablet, and what I want is a big computer that I can use for drawing. If I buy a 2in1 is supposed to not using the Wacom tablet anymore, for that reason I want to be 100% sure that exist a stylus pen that works perfectly with this device. 

My wife have a surface 3 pro, and it works perfectly (but is too small, 2gb ram, bad graphic card), I want to be sure that the 7778 could be a perfect machine for doing that. 

What kind of pen shall I buy? There is compatibility with surface pen eventually? When I talk about pen I mean a real stylus with pressure sensitivity, that works with programs like photoshop, illustrator, Corel painter, zbrush.  

Can you help me just indicating me some stylus that can work 100% with?  
There is some issue of palm rejections? Because the surface has.  

As I told, I don't know so much about it, so any information could be very useful.  

Alex. 

January 8th, 2017 11:00

I have the same question. Any answer?

January 8th, 2017 12:00

Then wath kind of pen could we use for this model?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

This model has a touchscreen only - not an active digitizer, so an active pen won't work as far as drawing/pressure sensitivity/etc.

The 15" models (and only some of these) do have active pen support, but not the 17" one.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

I agree, my 7779 does not support an active pen.

The XPS 13 does but probably only on the higher resolutions (QHD+).  So, if you are buying one, go to the bottom of the page and see what accessories are available.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 8th, 2017 15:00

A generic stylus should work - but it's not going to be able to do anything your finger cannot do.  This is not a true digitizing tablet - it's a notebook with a touchscreen.

Something like this should work

www.amazon.com/.../B005EV1QOE

No Events found!