Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

September 8th, 2008 11:00

Avermedia hybrid Nano express DVB-T HC82 capture mode

I have one of these digital TV tuner cards with my new XPS 1730 laptop and I cannot get access to the video capture facilities.   Definitely part of the card but media centre seems ignorant of its existence.   Has anyone got theirs to work in capture mode yet ?   The card has video audio and s/video input available.   I want to capture my home videos from s video and burn them to dvd then I can throw out the cassettes and VHS machine.

Cheers from Rod

December 19th, 2008 21:00

i got a xps1530 a couple of days ago and I was trying to get to use ps2 xbox and n64 through the av inputs, i guess that this would work the same way that you would connect up the vcr, camcorder or whatever you are using.

i've been living on forums since i got this comp and read that the way to use the av input is through 'Online Media' in the windows media centre menu, however this did not work for me and i've still not found any solution. i don't know that this was for the Dell release of this card or the aftermarket one but i assume that if that person had the aftermarket card they would be able to use all the packaged software and therefor woul dnot be having the issues that we are...  lucky

does anyone know btw who we can hassle at dell?? cos i don't want to waste much more time with this useless card.

peace and tia

Carlos

3.6K Posts

December 19th, 2008 21:00

These Hybrid AverMedia tuners have been nothing but troublesome since dell started selling them a little over a year ago.Every post and user i have responded with has not found any solutions for this tuner.The best bet would be(if under 21 day return period) return the tuner to dell and get the actual tuner with the software and tv center application from AverMedia directly.I know this does not help your situation,but as for now,no one has a fix for it.

December 19th, 2008 22:00

mucho appreciado amigo:) i dunno if that will be possible but cheers for the advice( and soo quickly:) )

3.6K Posts

December 20th, 2008 10:00

Your welcome,sorry i could not be of more help.

No Events found!