Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2012 01:00

Battery need to be Replaced!

Hi, i have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a power logo in front blinking 4 times orange one time white, i went to the Bios info and then to the battery, its says battery need to be replaced, i cant replace it because iam out side the US and no one here sells the good stuff, its all China or worst, so is there any way to stop the blinking orange light, i dont want to buy a new battery iam planning to buy a new laptop soon! so if there any solution or help its will very much appreciated,

thank you.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 31st, 2012 03:00

Hi joy-dell,

I understand that you would like to replace the battery at a later point of time/never. The best option we have is to remove the battery from the laptop and use the laptop only with the AC Adapter connected to it always. It is by the design flow of the laptop that it will show the blinking amber and white power button when the battery needs to be replaced.

Please reply for any other queries.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 5th, 2012 16:00

Hi joy-dell,

Please check the below link for battery performance issue.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=266437

Please check the link and follow the steps to improve the battery performance.

Reply for any help.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 7th, 2012 15:00

Hi joy-dell,

No, there is no harm to the computer if the battery is not replaced. Laptop can be used with out the battery and just connecting the AC adapter to it.

Please reply for any other information.

16 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 06:00

Thank you for the respond, i know if the battery  Is unplugged the blinking orange and white light will gone, but is there any way to stop it from the Bios or something, i must keep the laptop running 19h day because a download and upload torrents and other stuff, sometimes here the power goes off for 20-30 minutes and if the laptop running without the battery its will shutdown and all my work will gone and i will have to do it all over again, i also have a cat which he going crazy when he see the blinking light, yesterday i found him trying to kill the light with his nails, so if there is anyway or software that i can use to stop the blinking light thats will be very appreciated,

Note: my battery can stay running without power for 37m

thank you 

I appreciate your Concerns.

16 Posts

November 7th, 2012 02:00

Thank you so much for being respond, i have one last question.

i did all the things above same problem, i think the battery need to be replaced

is there any harm if i didnt replace it now? i mean the orange blinking light keeps blinking, because iam planning to buy new laptop soon, so is there any harm to my laptop if i didnt change the battery?

Thank you

16 Posts

November 8th, 2012 12:00

Thank You Very Much for answering all my questions, i love dell company and i will buy new dell soon, i have no more questions thank you so much, 

Take Care, and have a good day

1 Message

November 8th, 2012 13:00

Well it works well . I got the same too last time. Thanks to your post and the suggested answer. A really good solution

No Events found!