Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 22nd, 2012 09:00

Big Problem Dell inspiron 1520 Screen

Hello,

I just got a Dell Inspiron 1520, super! 2 days after black screen and I hear the musqieue of windows. On advice, I ordered another graphics card and still black screen!
I noticed that if I remove the memory ram modules, I plug the power supply, and then I leave ram  memory, the I  haveTHE beginning of the display  screen Dell 1 second time ? and  after then black screen! WHY??????
If I plug another VGA screen its same black screen but is detected
1 / Is it the ram? I think not
2 / Inverter or lcd out? be little
3/Carte mother out? ^ I think not
Can you help me please! S, I do not have large financial means and I want to continue working with this laptop

thank you for your help, excuse my English French Basque am
regard
pleasesend mail to my adress < ADMIN NOTE :Email id removed per privacy policy>

Hello,

I just got a Dell Inspiron 1520, super! 2 days after black screen and I hear the musqieue of windows. On advice, I ordered another graphics card and still black screen!
I noticed that if I remove the memory ram modules, I plug the power supply, and then I leave ram  memory, the I  haveTHE beginning of the display  screen Dell 1 second time ? and  after then black screen! WHY??????
1 / Is it the ram? I think not
2 / Inverter or lcd out? be little
3/Carte mother out? ^ I think not
Can you help me please! S, I do not have large financial means and I want to continue working with this laptop

thank you for your help, excuse my English French Basque am
regard
pleasesend mail to my adress < ADMIN NOTE :Email id removed per privacy policy>

soory for my error post in audio

4.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2012 22:00

How to Diagnose a Video Issue

Turn the system off.  While holding down the D key, press the power button.  After the system boots up, the monitor should start to display colors.  If it does, the monitor is working.  If there are no colors the monitor will need to be replaced.

If the colors do not display, you will have to determine if the video card is good or bad.  If you have an external monitor, hook it up to the notebook.  Use the Fn + F8 key combination to turn on the external monitor.  If you do not get an image on the external monitor, the video card most likely needs to be replaced.

You can also run Dell's Diagnostic program by holding down the Fn key and power up the system. The diagnostic program should start and test your system.  If you still do not see anything on the screen, then this would be a graphics/video card problem.

Dell's Diagnostic program will also test your system memory.

4.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2012 22:00

The original poster has resposted this thread in the correct forum.

en.community.dell.com/.../19445967.aspx

This thread is being locked.

April 22nd, 2012 23:00

Hello and thank you forthe reply, but which has nothing changed, I will try to connect another vga screen and do the manipulation.
Otherwise I hear the launch of windows and music, only missing the display.
I keep you informed, thank you

en francais

Bonjour et merci pour la reponse , mais cela n 'a rien changé, je vais essayer de brancher un autre écran en vga et faire la manipulation.
Sinon j'entends le lancement de windows et la musique, seul manque l'affichage.
je vous tiens informé, merci

April 22nd, 2012 23:00

I have tested to stay press D and there was like a 5-note melody by about 12345, 12345, 12345 (fast enough), then 1 2 3 1

I test here is extra screen in the day, thank you again, please help me

April 23rd, 2012 08:00

Hello again, I tested as you suggested by plugging in a vga screen but no display, I mean the music of windows vista but that is all!!

How do you tile the screen, inverter or motherboard

thank you

i wait your help

cordially

April 23rd, 2012 15:00

Who help me please i m loosing

regard

April 24th, 2012 10:00

Hi, sorry but need help , is it possible that is the  screen

inverter?  Because i see one time Dell logo

I wait another graphic card

If you have solution or idea please

regard

April 25th, 2012 03:00

Can you said me if it is possible than have a new motherboard  or if it have a same or similar  on the other model perhaps 1521 or 1500 ?

regard

1 Message

June 9th, 2012 01:00

Thankyou BAY WOLF, me also facing the same problem. My Lap doesn't have display, but os booting music is coming. Only sometimes it will display a white screen.I tried with the first option you mentioned above, it works. Then i tried second option, it failed. When i tried 3rd option, some beep sound is coming. Shall i confirm the problem is with video card. if so how much will cost for replacing it?.........again thanks for your support

June 26th, 2012 09:00

hello you seem to know what your talking about so could you help me with my laptop its a dell inspiron 1520 when i turn on my laptop the cd drive turns on and make a noice twice then the cap lock light turns on the laptop at this stage should be wotking fine but the screen is very dark. this has happend before so i left it for a few mins and it would work fine again but this time it has lasted for 2days. please help i really need my laptop.

thanks for your time connor

4 Posts

September 11th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

I have the same problem. When i turn on my laptop dell inspirion 1520 the screen is black form the beginning. When it boots up only the mouse can be seen and some times when i press Alt+Ctrl+delete the screen turns on and it is displayed the desktop  but it stays like that frozen only the mouse cursor moves but can not perform actions. I know that the laptop is working because i use it to share internet and the others laptop can connect to it. This happen when i put a new RAM memory inside. After that i removed the new RAM but the problem still remain. 

I tried holding down the D key and press the power button and it works the colors were shown. I tried Fn and power up but noting was shown only i could hear sounds and diodes flashing. Tomorrow i will try to connect to an external monitor and see what will happen.

So is it the video card? OR? 

Best regards,

Aleksandar

4 Posts

September 12th, 2012 17:00

I connected to external monitor and it worked perfectly.

Any suggestions what is the problem?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2012 08:00

Bad inverter or bad backlight bulb are the two primary suspects.  

No Events found!