Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2012 11:00

Binary GFX problem

Hi, I got a problem with my alienware m11x r3.I changed my gfx mode to decreased performance mode and I can't change back to increased performance mode.There should be green notification for both mode but I can't find it.I pressed together fn and f6 key but nothing happen.In graphic mode,I can only find for intel mobile graphic accelerator.So please give me some advice to get default GFX mode.Thanks.

2K Posts

August 29th, 2012 13:00

Hi Trexxx,

The performance on the laptop can be changed by following the below steps-

(1) Open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Right click on desktop and click NVIDIA control panel from the menu.

(2) Select Manage 3D Settings.

(3) Under Global Settings tab, select high performance NVIDIA processor.

If the Preferred Graphics Processor is set to Auto-select, it allows the driver to pick the most compatible graphics processor

Request you to write back with the results.

4 Posts

September 5th, 2012 09:00

Hi,thank for your advise.But I encounter another one.In device mananger,I only found intel mobile graphic accelerator and nvidia graphic card is missing.I can see it in safe mode but not in regular mode.In safe mode,it said that driver is not properly support so I re install it from resource dvd but still have the problem.Please give me some suggestions.Thank you.

2K Posts

September 6th, 2012 11:00

Hi Trexxx,

This issue could be because of a driver issue. Therefore, I request you to follow the steps below to correct it:

(1) Uninstall the NVIDIA and Intel drivers completely.

(2) Reinstall the Intel drivers by using the link below:

http://intel.ly/SnpGp6

(3) Restart the laptop.

(4) Reinstall the NVIDIA drivers by using the link below after selecting the right video card:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

(5) Restart the laptop again.

This should fix the issue.

Please write back with your findings.

4 Posts

October 11th, 2012 13:00

hello again, sorry for my late reply,Connection in our country is a little bit slower and I got busy lately.I tried the step that u have suggested but I can't  use binary gfx function and my nvidia graphic card is not in action.I have disable my intel graphic card.I can't open nvidia setting menu and a notification was appear it said that "my computer hasn't used nvidia GPU" still I can see the GPU in device manager.Another thing is that when I try to install the intel driver from link that u suggested,it said that "not meet the minimum requirement" and could not install.My graphic card is GT335M.I hope that U can give me another suggestion.Thank You.

2K Posts

October 15th, 2012 03:00

Hi Trexxx,

I have checked your post and it says that the Intel driver was installed, so I request you to uninstall/reinstall NVidia drivers as mentioned in the above steps. If that doesn’t work please write back as we will have to do a PC restore.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2012 12:00

Hello, Kiran K, I installed nvidia gt 335m driver (version - 257.30) and it solved all problems.Like I said,the driver version on gforce.com for gt 335 m is more up to date than above version and it didn't solved my problem.Now I got BInary GFX function back to normal.Thank You for your time and advice.

No Events found!