Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

4 Posts

May 23rd, 2005 16:00

C600 Docking station help

Hi, i have a c600 laptop and am trying to use the docking station.

I am new to using the docking station, i basically have and adapter to the laptop and the laptop linked in to the station.

But nothing happens! No lights on the buttons on the bottom left where it shows a recycle bin and standby button

Also the battery is flat and i am trying to charge it, because the port/entrance where the lead goes is broken. so i wanted to charge it with the docking station

There is no action at all with the docking station, what could be the problem???? What is supposed to happen?? Do i need to press anything or hold any button???

Hope someone can help
Thanks

14 Posts

May 24th, 2005 03:00

First of all the power adaptor is supposed to be connected to the docking station, not the laptop. Make sure the laptop is turned off/ shut down before trying to dock it. If running Windows 98 you must first install the DOCKING drivers on the laptop before attempting dock. They are availble from Dell's support web site. Windows XP already has the driver built in to the OS.

Follow this link to view the instruction manual http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~cat=1&~subcat=4

Message Edited by Joe385 on 05-23-2005 11:05 PM

No Events found!