Highlighted
arnzzz
Copper

Can i add backlit keyboard to Dell Inspiron 7559 non-backlit version?

I recently bought a 7559 laptop from a Dell certified re seller of refurbished laptops. I didn't get the backlit version but i regret that now.

I see I can buy the backlit board on numerous sites, but im unsure if the connectors are  on my model ready for me to connect it to Smiley Sad

Any ideas if my NON backlit model with accept a backlit board?

**edit**

ok, I just opened up the laptop and there is a socket for a backlight, does this mean the circuitry will be there as well?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Can i add backlit keyboard to Dell Inspiron 7559 non-backlit version?

amzzz,

I do not believe the 7559 came with the backlit keyboard option. I was looking for a backlit keyboard in my database and do not see that any shipped with this model. If it is a backlit keyboard option, you will find two cables each for the keyboard and backlit and I do not see that in your picture.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
arnzzz
Copper

thanks for the reply.

My laptop has the socket for the backlit cable though(but its currently not used, that is what the picture above shows).

So can i not just buy a backlit keyboard and replace the nonbacklit one that came with the laptop? Utilising the socket that is on the motherboard already?

0 Kudos
arnzzz
Copper

ok,

So just for reference, the backlit keyboard I ordered arrived and I have fitted it and it works perfectly. I now have a backlit keyboard.

So as long as your laptop has the socket shown above then this should work Smiley Happy

Only issue I have now is the bloody keyboard they sent me is defective! The H and G keys are in the wrong place lol Smiley Happy

0 Kudos