Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2017 13:00

Can i add backlit keyboard to Dell Inspiron 7559 non-backlit version?

I recently bought a 7559 laptop from a Dell certified re seller of refurbished laptops. I didn't get the backlit version but i regret that now.

I see I can buy the backlit board on numerous sites, but im unsure if the connectors are  on my model ready for me to connect it to :(

Any ideas if my NON backlit model with accept a backlit board?

**edit**

ok, I just opened up the laptop and there is a socket for a backlight, does this mean the circuitry will be there as well?

• 

16.7K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 08:00

amzzz,

I do not believe the 7559 came with the backlit keyboard option. I was looking for a backlit keyboard in my database and do not see that any shipped with this model. If it is a backlit keyboard option, you will find two cables each for the keyboard and backlit and I do not see that in your picture.

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 09:00

thanks for the reply.

My laptop has the socket for the backlit cable though(but its currently not used, that is what the picture above shows).

So can i not just buy a backlit keyboard and replace the nonbacklit one that came with the laptop? Utilising the socket that is on the motherboard already?

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2017 07:00

ok,

So just for reference, the backlit keyboard I ordered arrived and I have fitted it and it works perfectly. I now have a backlit keyboard.

So as long as your laptop has the socket shown above then this should work :)

Only issue I have now is the bloody keyboard they sent me is defective! The H and G keys are in the wrong place lol :)

No Events found!