Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2011 08:00

Cant connect laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

I'm trying to connect my inspirion mini to my panasonic viera HDTV TH-42PC600U using an HDMI cable but it isnt working.  Anyone know how to do this :emotion-42:

March 25th, 2011 22:00

Thanks for the help I figured it out I had to hit F1 on the laptop and it connected to the tv.  That only took 4 months to figure out lol

2 Posts

Check if the input number on the back of the tv corresponds to the input selection on the screen.....If you are sure you are one the right input then check and see if the display properties on the mini is sending anything through.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

not working how?

March 25th, 2011 09:00

It doesnt connect I just getblack screen on my tv.  I plug the hdmi cable into the tv and then connect it to the laptop.  Switch my tv tried the PC mode and HMDI  mode and nothing.  Not sure what I need to do on the laptop to make it work. 

3.6K Posts

March 25th, 2011 12:00

What input are you using on the T.V?

Either HDMI 1 or 2>AV>RGB

March 25th, 2011 14:00

I have my directv in HDMI slot1 was using HDMI 2.  basically all I have is and HDMI cable from slot 2 into the HDMI slot on the laptop.  am I suppose to congire something to make this work or is there a button to press.

3.6K Posts

March 25th, 2011 15:00

Whatever slot the HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV is connected to,you need to change the input on the TV to either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.

There should be an input button on the remote for the TV to change inputs?

March 25th, 2011 15:00

Hmmm Change the input I have no idea hat that means :emotion-6: so you are saying I should be able to just plug in the HDMI cable and it works automatically I dont need to change any setting on the laptop

3.6K Posts

March 25th, 2011 18:00

If the laptop is hooked up to the HDMI 1 slot on the TV,look on your remote for the TV you should see an input button.Hit the button until you see the input on the TV says HDMI 1,if it is HDMI 2,change it until it says HDMI 2 on the screen.The screen will turn blue as you change the inputs and the input will be displayed across the top of screen.

No it is not plug and play when you hook it up on a different input than the TV is set to watch(technically,because you have to change the input)

March 25th, 2011 18:00

still dont know what Im doing wrong is it not plug and play or do I need to adjust settings somewhere

March 25th, 2011 19:00

I know hoe to toggle between modes when I goto HDMI 2 where it is plugged in at I just get a black screen so something is off

3.6K Posts

March 25th, 2011 19:00

o.k i got you now,you never said you were getting a black screen in your post,or i missed that.

Try changing it to the HDMI 1 slot and see what happens?

EDIT: Just found this  >Rt click desktop, settings, advanced, intel, graphics, select dig TV. After you say OK your dell will go blank. Also, you can only select digital TV when the TV is on and HDMI connected.

from this thread http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/ubuntu/6657-hdmi-output-mini-10-a.html  .

No Events found!