Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 12th, 2017 09:00

Computer not charging

When i turn innen my Computer it says something along the lines of "please out in a charger of 40-45 watts or  more " my dad thinks it's the mainboard is damaged, i think it's the charger. What do you think?  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 12th, 2017 15:00

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, check and see if the AC adapter is detected in the BIOS.  If adapter isn't detected in BIOS, the system will continue to received power but will not charge the battery. Please follow steps below:

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS. The status of adapter usually listed under the main screen.

The adapter should say the adapter type, if it says 'Unknown' or 'None', then it's a issue with the adapter, and most likely needs to replace with a Dell genuine adapter that suitable for the system. Note: Wiggle the adapter's end while checking it in the BIOS

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 12th, 2017 15:00

Or....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 13th, 2017 09:00

Any updates Siggi100 ? :emotion-2:

2 Posts

July 17th, 2017 18:00

Hello, yes sorry for the late reply. I have a inspiron 7347 and have win 10. The bios says unknown on charger. So i take it i have to buy a new one?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 17th, 2017 18:00

That would be the first thing to try.  If it doesn't solve the problem, replace the DC jack next:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

And if that doesn't get the adapter recognized, replace the mainboard.

No Events found!