Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Z

1 Message

March 17th, 2008 21:00

Computer will not interface with media

I first noticed this problem a while ago, when I was updating my iPod. iTunes said that the disc was corrupted and needed to be restored; however, iTunes said the iPod was still corrupted even after restoration. I didn't pay too much attention to it because I could just put my friend's music on my iPod.

I later noticed that my computer also would not read any CDs or DVDs. I couldn't install programs via CDs or listen to any audio CDs. However, I found that I could use a 3rd party media player (VLC) to play DVDs if I told it to open from the DVD drive. I could also use winamp to play/rip CDs, but they would not register automatically. Another unusual thing is that iTunes would burn CDs, but not play them.

Another manifestation of this problem occured when I tried to upload pictures from my camera to my computer. The computer said that the memory cards were corrupted regardless of whether I hooked the camera up to the USB or put the memory stick directly into the slot on the side of my computer. Again, I eventually found a way to transfer pictures over to my computer, but only through the basic camera wizard (it took a while to get it to work and its very cumbersome).

Due to the odd nature of this problem I didn't really worry about it, but it's come to the point where I just want it fixed so I can begin using these things without all the hassle. I've tried everything under the sun (at least I think) from downloading all sorts of drivers, running chkdsk, deleting drivers, iTunes fixes, updates, registry fixes, etc.. but nothing seems to solve it. I also interfaced my camera and iPod with my friend's computer and they worked fine (memory cards were fine too) and I know the DVD isn't broken.

This happened after I sent in my laptop to Dell for some repairs. I believe they replaced the motherboard which may have something to do with this problem, although I don't remember having problems with my iPod or CDs immediately after getting the laptop back.

Any help with this really annoying problem would be appreciated, thanks. 

No Responses!
No Events found!