Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2013 11:00

Continuous beep sound from my Dell inspiron n 5110 laptop on start up ??

Hi, I own a Dell Inspiron N5110 i5 processor laptop with 4 GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk. Its getting 14 months since I bought it.From the last few days, I could see that the machine makes beep sound on start up till the windows starts. The sound gets disappeared after OS starts. Especially if I turn on the lap from hibernation mode, some time rebooting also make the beep sound. However, I observed a similar low tone inside the system even when the machine is running. I have been using a cooler also to reduce the heat, all keys are working fine no thing is jammed, I have performed the dell H/W diagnostics test all the results were passed. Drivers are all updated, the processor fan i also running correctly. I am wondering what can be the reason.

Please do share your thoughts and suggestions about this issue.

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 14:00

I have tried something from another forum that I found, but do not have the link so I cannot copy and paste or give credit to the poster.  This is what I did:

1) Unplug all power from the laptop

2) Remove the battery

3) Hold down the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

4) Reattach the battery and/or plug in the power supply.

5) Power on the laptop.

This solved my problem.

1 Message

August 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi I have faced exactly same problem since last week. Please confirm me your problem is solved by  last post.of helmst1026 is 

1) Unplug all power from the laptop

2) Remove the battery

3) Hold down the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

4) Reattach the battery and/or plug in the power supply.

5) Power on the laptop.

Thanks

2 Posts

March 25th, 2013 07:00

My N5110 just went through a Windows 8 update and I have been hearing 5 low tone beeps through my headphones since the update.

Everything else is working fine.   Would also like to know what's up...

3 Posts

March 25th, 2013 10:00

@HELMST1026 :- I am still waiting for the reply. Nope I dont get any kind of beep sounds via headphones/lap speakers but from inside the lappy. While in some forums some are pointing to harddisk failure in this case I dont think so the reason I am not receiving any unwanted sounds from the or vibration from the hard disk side.

Still waiting for an answer !!!! :(

2 Posts

April 4th, 2013 12:00

I having the same problem when I update to windows 8 

3 Posts

April 5th, 2013 16:00

Still waiting for an answer from some one who can save my life and lappyy..

Is it time to service the lap??

May 3rd, 2013 12:00

I have the same problem .. i have tried to format many times .. But the problem still exists . :emotion-6:

Some one from DELL technician Please share the solution to this problem .

1 Message

September 3rd, 2013 13:00

Hi All,

I am currently facing the same problem with my Dell Inspiron N5050 (i3 Processor, 4 GB RAM). From the last few days, I could see that the machine makes beep sound on start up till the windows starts. The sound gets disappeared after OS starts. 

And the beeps pattern is like first 2 beeps with small gap and then almost 50 beeps continuously without any gap till the windows starts. 

I have checked all keys are working fine and also I have performed the dell H/W diagnostics test, all the results were passed.

And as suggested in the last comment, i have unplugged all power from Laptop & held the power button for 15 seconds. But no luck.

Can anyone from Dell Technicians suggest how to resolve the issue or tell if i need to replace any hardware part.

Thanks for your help in Advance !

Regards

Madhur Saxena

1 Message

September 20th, 2013 12:00

Hi Madhur,

I'm experiencing the same issue that you have: continous beeps on start up till Windows starts...  :emotion-6:

Did you get any reply from DELL technicians?? :emotion-42:

Thank you!

Elyes

1 Message

February 10th, 2017 06:00

Check your date & time in setup if it is changed to past i.e. 01.01.2009 etc. Its mean your cmos cell/battery is expired, Change the cmos cell/battery to fix the problem.

No Events found!