Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2017 20:00

DELL XPS 15" 9550

I bought a new DELL XPS 15" 9550 on November 2016. Last week I got a blue screen in the middle of a presentation with my customers and had to cancel  the meeting and apologize. I thought it was an easy problem to solve but when I phoned Dell they told me that they had to format my computer and reinstall Windows 10, meaning that I would lost all my data. When I said that that was unacceptable they asked me to contact Microsoft. Same answer: format the CPU. I decided to take my laptop to a private technician and after one week he just told me that I will lose all my info. 

When I talked to DELL, after 90min talking to 5 different teams they explained me that it was my fault because I did not back up my data and that despite the 1 year warranty there´s nothing that they can do.

How can this happen in a laptop 2 months old? How can it be so easy for Dell and Microsoft to point each other without providing any explanation or solution. Is this going to happen to my laptop again? Might I lose all my info randomly in the future?

Extremelly disappointed with Dell, you are responsible of what you sell.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 27th, 2017 07:00

I assume you have decided there is now way to repair your install?

If they are suggesting reinstall on the same hard drive, they must think it is OK.

You might think about replacing the drive and reinstalling Win 10.  You would have the other drive available from an external caddy of some type to recover data.  You would have to reinstall your programs.

No Events found!