Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2012 01:00

Dell 15r usb suddenly stop and not restarting

Hi im using a 15r  8 months.  In last month  usb suddely stops sometimes and when i restart system its just stood on shutting down window forever. so i had to forced to shut down ... im using a usb external sound card ( RME Babyface ) so i afraid about the device also...

thanks 

i7 2630 QM 

6 gb ram 

2.00Hz 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

What is your operating system? Will it still boot to windows? Lets run diagnostic test on this computer. Power on the computer, on Dell logo, keep tapping F12. Choose diagnostics, run system test. Post back for any error codes.

Glad to help

4 Posts

May 15th, 2012 12:00

Hi

Thanks, i did the test but there wasn't any errors. however it not coming always. after forced shut down its start to work normally. But i realized my windows getting slow and there was problem with my DAW sofware its shows high cpu but when i check on resources monitor its normal ... also i don't think  esata port and usb 3.0 working properly ..

thanks

isuru

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Try updating the BIOS check this link ; http://dell.to/KZMKAZ (Download file and run, make sure the ac adapter and battery is connected. If same thing happens, possible there is a conflict in operating system. We might end up doing reinstallation. If the problem is intermittent in eSATA and USB it might be related to the operating system issue.

4 Posts

May 16th, 2012 10:00

HI

thanks. If it about OS what kind of a OS i should install. I working with heavy softwares on music recording and performing .

Isuru

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 17th, 2012 00:00

The OS (Operating System) that is installed now in your computer. Your windows. Did you receive the disc/s with the computer?

4 Posts

May 17th, 2012 09:00

yeah i know whats OS means. i didn't get any cd even drivers. so i'm asking is there any OS recommendation for heavy softwares  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 19th, 2012 23:00

You can install Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. Since you have enough RAMs, I think its gonna be fine.

No Events found!