Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2017 14:00

Dell 7567 Inspiron 7000 FAN SPEED CONTROL

I have tried EVERYTHING to get manual control of the fans and haven't been able to reliably control them. Tried Speedfan, HWinfo, the bios, etc. and can't get PWM control or to setup my own fan control curve.

The laptop bottom  is running too warm for my taste at low workloads which is inconvenient when using it in my lap and I just want to turn on the fans instead of having them off.

Can anyone help out? 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 1st, 2017 01:00

Thank you for your message.

We do not recommend changing the fan speed on your notebook.

The fan will run at optimized performance automatically when there is a change in temperature & when it reaches a set temperature.

This is a notebook & is recommend to be used on a hard, flat surface.  By using it on your lap or any soft surface, you will be blocking the air- vents leading the system to heat up.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB  & check if there is any error listed.

If the system is still heating up update bios from this link http://dell.to/2ueCzpY

2 Posts

August 1st, 2017 06:00

Thank you, but as an advanced user who bought a gaming laptop I insist on adjusting the fan curve to my liking as I am not satisfied with the predefined parameters. The bios is updated, and I want the fan to run all the time at a low speed instead of turning off and I never block the fans while on my lap.

August 6th, 2017 04:00

As a user of Dell 7567, I also want some manual controls on the fan. The fan seems to be okay but manually controlling it helps us a lot especially while gaming.

64 Posts

August 6th, 2017 15:00

I have not found a way to do this so I use a laptop cooling fan which does keep it cool.

August 8th, 2017 07:00

What cooler do you use humbirdz?

1 Message

August 11th, 2017 16:00

I am in the same boat. I have a new Inspiron 15 7559 and it gets VERY hot. I have a great cooling (Deep Cool)pad under it and it helps but not a lot. Just streaming videos and I hit high 80's on all cores, when I game it hits 100 no problem and often throttles cpu down, have to turn off and power cooling pad remotely to help it cool off. I even put new thermal paste on the heatsinks, it helped a bit. I don't know what else to do. I know others who have same laptop and same problem and others that don't. Luck of the draw I guess, all I know is that when mine gets hot my fans don't run very fast and there is no way for me to check fan speed let alone turn it up higher. Starting to get very *** off.

64 Posts

August 13th, 2017 17:00

Hi, I ordered it off of amazon.It is called a Technet.It is the one with a panel on front to control fan speed.The panel lights up. It has 2 fans.Also it is adjustable and has small tabs that pull up sideways on either side in the front to hold laptopYou can set the tabs low so it does not interfere with typing. I really like this one.I like these tabs because the do not get in the way.I have both of my laptops on the same one.It has been awhile since I bought them and cannot find any numbers on them.Cooler master makes good ones too from what I have read.Sorry it took so long to get back to you here.

Looked at the other one.It says Tecknet N9 on it.

7 Posts

November 4th, 2017 03:00

Same experience with ATG5404.

Dell have replaced the heat sink and fan and even the back cover and the main items replaced twice. No change

They advised that it was working within limits but the unit is often too hot to touch the back of whether off on glass, raised surface etc.

Here is an article I have read that may help....

forum.notebookreview.com/.../

Please let me know how you get on. I was using the SpeedFan program to monitor the temps and fan speed but as the article explains it cannot set the speeds unless the Dell way is disabled.

Peter

No Events found!