Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

July 9th, 2017 12:00

Dell 7737 BIOS v14 has a keyboard bug where random keyboard keys stop working till the AC is disconnected and the battery removed or drained.

I have a Dell 7737 laptop and from time to time it develops a firmware glitch where random keys stop working for both BIOS Setup and Operating Systems. After such thing happens neither shutdown (Full shutdown / Fast Boot disabled) nor restart get the keyboard back to a normal state. At this point the only workarround is to disconnect the AC power cord and then either drain the battery or physically remove it.

This laptop's battery cover is not designed for daily removal and it is starting to get loose because of this BIOS bug.

I am running BIOS version A14 but this bug was present since I purchased the laptop with BIOS version A07. Sometimes I cannot even type my password because the random keys that stop working match those it uses.

Please Dell could you provide a BIOS hotfix for this annoying issue? 

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 10th, 2017 11:00

Any hope for a BIOS hotfix?

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 12th, 2017 07:00

It is really annoying to deal with this.

Please Dell provide a fix

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 12th, 2017 08:00

Hi there- 

Can you private message me your Service Tag on the system? I would like to look into this. 

Best regards,

Brad

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 12th, 2017 09:00

Check your message inbox.

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 19th, 2017 01:00

I have already provided the additional information you requested via private message.

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 25th, 2017 03:00

Is there any progress going on?

No Events found!