Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 28th, 2017 12:00

Dell Automated Installation Services No Longer Install Missing Drivers

I have an Inspiron 5759 running Windows 10, 1709 update.  

For some time, I have had problems with Event 1035 - Windows Installer has reconfigured ... for almost all applications on my system when I enable all Dell support services.  I have documented this in a separate post and I hope to be able to safely re-enable all the services eventually.  For now, I leave some of the Dell services disabled.

In any event, when I DO enable ALL Dell services, Dell Update tells me my system is uptodate yet SupportAssist tells me that I am missing 4 updates: Video, BIOS, Chipset, and Network.  The support site for my service tag indeed reflects 4 updates which I do not have.  If I tell SupportAssist to install the updates, it marks them queued but does nothing.

I find Dell's attempts to fully automate all installation support laudable but the complexity and fragility of the underlying PC Doctor software may be an impediment which confuses things.

I wish I could reduce all my Dell installations to periodic invocations of SupportAssist by itself with ideally no more than one support service.  Alternately, it would be good if the Dell Command | Update would support the Inspiron models as well as the business models e.g. Latitude.

In the meantime, any insights for rectifying the automated installations would be appreciated.  My inclination is to resort to manual installations with periodic manual checks for updates on the support site.

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!