Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

3 Posts

October 27th, 2008 14:00

Dell D520 internal wireless still not working.

Hi Wondered if anyone can advise me.

I have a dell d520 laptop and my company has disabled the wireless on my laptop. I have managed to remove battery's and then in the Bios default it so the wifi symbol now comes up but i cannot get the wireless hotkey to change so it will operate the wireless. In the bios it says you can change it but i do not have the security password. is there any other way to get this working please please help anyone.

October 27th, 2008 15:00

the wifi card is in the machine. my manager has made his laptop work but will not tell me how to.

I doubt it is cause for termination...

So how do i do it?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

You "doubt" it is cause for termination.

If it wasn't an issue, your manager would be telling you how.

THINK.

Buy your own laptop. Sheesh.

Message Edited by ieee488 on 10-27-2008 12:48 PM

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

@spurssteve wrote:

Hi Wondered if anyone can advise me.

I have a dell d520 laptop and my company has disabled the wireless on my laptop. I have managed to remove battery's and then in the Bios default it so the wifi symbol now comes up but i cannot get the wireless hotkey to change so it will operate the wireless. In the bios it says you can change it but i do not have the security password. is there any other way to get this working please please help anyone.

Your company has disabled the wifi for a reason.

In all likelihood, they removed the wifi card.

Re-enabling the wifi is in most cases is cause for termination because it comes under the category of deliberate "damage" of company property. Now, if you want to be out on the street looking for a job in this economy then go ahead with this. 

If you still want wifi, buy your own laptop. 

Message Edited by ieee488 on 10-27-2008 12:41 PM
No Events found!