Kconway1934
Copper

Dell Inspirion 15 won't go past the Dell logo

I have a dell laptop Inspiron 15 with Windows 8 that no matter what I do will not go past the Dell circle logo to the start up screen. I did manage to use the f12 and the f2 buttons. Ran the diagnostics which everything came out ok. With the f2 I went to the advance set up screen and tried to follow instructions I had found on the forum from a prevous date but that didn't work. Please daughter am at a loss and my daughter needs this laptop foe school.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

RE: Dell Inspirion 15 won't go past the Dell logo

Hi KCONWAY1934,

What is the exact system model? 

Is there any damage / liquid spillage on the system?

Do you see the Windows spinning circle below the Dell logo or do you see the loading bar stuck below the Dell logo?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS and check if the HDD is detected in BIOS.

If the HDD is detected, then download the service manual here - open the chassis and disconnect the HDD and power on the system and see if it goes past the Dell logo.

If the issue persists, check how many memory modules are installed on the system and try powering on the system with one memory at a time and test it on each slot (presuming there are 2 memory slots).

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos