Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2016 11:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Sound quality is poor after Windows 10 upgrade

I recently updated to windows 10 but the Waves Maxx audio is not working properly. It doesn't start automatically at startup (it is not disabled in task manager) and the audio is cracking both in speaker as well as in all my headphones and earphones. I've reinstalled the driver from Dell's official site several times but nothing works. My windows 10 OS is up to date with anniversary update. In device manager all the drivers are installed.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 25th, 2016 16:00

Hi Vipin Yadav,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the audio card.

1. In the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  2. Select the Sound, video and game controllers listed and expand it.
  3. You should find Realtek High definition audio or audio controller please right click on it.
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and audio driver from audio section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

September 25th, 2016 23:00

Deleting drivers from device manager and reinstallation worked. Thank You.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 27th, 2016 06:00

Hi Vipin Yadav,

We are glad that issue is sorted out. Please reach out to us if you have any other queries.

No Events found!