indrajith
Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Thanks. so is this the problem with bios update?. saw some other people telling that this is mother board issue?

0 Kudos
MikeJ290
Bronze

I experienced a couple shutdowns over three days when 1.) Connected to an external monitor over HDMI and 2.) running Chrome or Firefox. Using a monitor and playing video in Chrome activated the Nvidia GPU. Hope this may help!

0 Kudos
1aydan
Bronze

It mostly happens when Optimus is switching integrated to the Nvidia GPU.

0 Kudos

Hello good day. I have a newly bought unit inspiron 15 7000 around november 4, 2017. At first few days I was very happy as it has very good specs. I can play total war warhammer without issues. Then one day    i decided to put it onsleep mode while as i was about to take a nap after some typing. When i woke up my heart suddenly stopped because when i tried to wakep up the pc it was all gray white pixel screen but the mouse was still responding. I manually shut it down. I thought it was done for. I rebooted it and everyhting was fine. Then after i tried to put it on hibernation mode. The same gray white screen welcomed me upon waking the pc up.

After some research i found an answer in the form of a BIOS 1.2 update. It was a blast or so i thought. Then after a few days it was showing some very odd behaviour. When on battery sometimes it does shutdown or restart then after i reboot it it shows me a message that the windows did not properly load.  I frequently experience this when it is on battery and a usb device is plugged on my pc such as when i was transferring photos from my phone.

P.S.

The gray screen issue was resolved eversince the 1.2 BIOS update. I tried hardware diagnostic option on bios menu which found no issues in my harddisk  ram or hardware.  I did try several  occassions to fully clean install the windows. And take note i never experience it when i was playing any game like civ 6, endless space 2, xcom, crusader kings 2 and stellaris. As of what I know most of them are  graphics and cpu intensive. I love my rig. Hope this could be resolved.

0 Kudos
KoRnTuNeS
Silver

@jaspherkeith You can resolve these problems by downgrade the BIOS version to 1.1.0. I think some things are broken in bios 1.2.0.

0 Kudos

@Korntunes what about the problems

0 Kudos
cgator41
Bronze

I also downgraded to BIOS 1.1.0 and have no restart problem since. (no random freezes or screen problems when re-opening the lid either).

After I downgrade v1.1.0, I didn't exprienced any hybernation glitch

0 Kudos
Chokichi
Bronze

Just wanted to post here again and say that this problem is still happening.

0 Kudos
Gureen
Bronze

There's new updates for drivers which were posted today. Can anyone confirm if installing these 3 drivers (wifi, engine interface driver, bluetooth driver) with bios 1.2.0 somehow fixed the problem? I'm still in bios 1.1.0.

0 Kudos