RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Exactly same problem. I had a problem with screen glitch after sleeping mode after windows update (there are many posts in the forum about it, bios update was suggested by moderators as a solution). So, I updated my bios, but it become worse now. There is no problem after sleeping mode, but my laptop restarting ramdomly (5 times in last 3 hours). I tried to update whole drivers one by one in order as posted lsufan51. But it didn't solve the problem. Moreover, I tried to use dell support assist to update drivers automatically. Intel 8265 WIFI driver, coulnd't updated, fails every time and chipset updated succesfully, but every time it listed as required updates list again. This is very annoying, I couldn't watch any movie without 3 times restart. It is very good laptop, please solve this problem. Thnak you

0 Kudos
Dallinds
Copper

I've had the same problem and was looking for answers when I saw on the Dell support page that they had released an urgent update to the BIOS, it's now 1.21.0 - it looks as if it was released today.  Just installed it so I hope it solves the problem!

0 Kudos
LuisR17
Bronze

Can you copy the BIOS update link? I tried searching for it but it doesn't show on my Dell support page.

0 Kudos
djklu31
Copper

Same, I don't see v1.21 of the BIOS on the page.  Latest I see is 1.20 which is definitely bugged.

MikeJ290
Bronze

Same problem here, new Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming laptop. Issue is definitely related to the recent 1.2.0 BIOS update posted to Dell's Drivers & Downloads support page on 10/27. As mentioned previously, Windows Event Viewer says that it's a Kernal-Power critical error with event ID 41. Dell, please fix this extremely annoying and unacceptable issue.

I also do not see a 1.21.0 BIOS update for my Dell service tag (or in Drivers & Downloads under Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming for that matter).

0 Kudos
Dallinds
Copper

I'm sorry I don't have a link - it appeared in the laptop's Dell support assist page under drivers and downloads - it is version 1.21.1 (not 1.21.0 as I said above).  It might be that I'm getting in a pickle as I have a 5578 laptop but it definitely had version 1.20. which was causing me the same problems as on the thread here.

Zoro1-Rajil
Copper

I am having the same issue . Please help.

sameerm02
Copper

+1, only on battery

StevieT65
Bronze

At this point, with multiple people experiencing the problem, it would be nice for Dell to at least acknowledge they're working on a fix.  What good is my laptop, if it requires I stay plugged in Smiley Sad

Gureen
Bronze

Still no fix yet, Dell? The BIOS update is really buggy Smiley Sad I considered using my warranty to let the techs check it but as other users mentioned above, we passed all hardware tests. Please update soon.