MikeJ290
Bronze

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Please help, I am also experiencing the same issue. BIOS update 1.2.0 causes random shutdowns on battery power. This issue is unacceptable on a new laptop.

System: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming

jaydonflori
Copper

Same issue as OP, need to get this BIOS update as soon as possible.

hjunior
Bronze

Same problem here, after installed the BIOS 1.2.0 my computer now restart when on Battery. Someone uses Dell Advanced Battery too? Now I disabled the Dell Advanced Battery and will check with the problem persists. In Event Viewer is possible to see "change of power source".

0 Kudos
dsfoster5
Copper

I am also having the same issue.  Was having an issue when i just close the laptop without powering down or hibernating where the screen would go grey and i couldnt do anything so i read on here that updating the BIOS fixed that issue.  So i updated to 1.20 today about an hour ago and now twice my computer has restarted on its own while i am watching videos online.  I also dont see a 1.21 on my dell support page.  I really wish they would fix this as this laptop is only 2 months old and shouldnt be having issues like this.  

MikeJ290
Bronze

I can also confirm that the sudden restarts occur when playing videos in a web browser. Not sure if this is the only time the restarts occur while running on battery power.

Event Viewer shows Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" -- logged right after the reboot.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Platinum

Anyone getting a dump file you could put on OneDrive and give us a link?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
richardk89
Copper

it happened to me as well, first I though it was from the heat issues, apparently it is not. Until I monitored the temperatures and seems like everything just fine. I cannot leave my computer unplugged otherwise this problems is going to happen again. Hope Dell can fix this issues, it is very annoying

0 Kudos
ptk198
Copper

3 days ago, I updated bios for my laptop dell 7567, version 1.2.0, then my laptop work well, the next day I turn on my laptop and it cannot show display. I bring it go to dell service center, they said maybe main board fail or hard drive fail. I'm sad and worry about this-dell 7567 (hardware) and software ( window 10 version 1709) and firmware bios 1.2.0

0 Kudos

Any update about the problem from DELL???

0 Kudos

This sounds like my situation exactly. Had the vertical line glitch after sleep, and so I got the BioS ups good. Now I was using my laptop without the power cord for the first time today and it just shut off twice in 10 minutes.

0 Kudos