jhn01
Bronze

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

My laptop had the same issue. First had the glitch screen after sleep and updating the BIOS to the 1.2.0 version solved it, but i had then another problem. Now my laptop freezes at random times and sometimes reboot (not so often) and became anoying, plugged and unplugged. Then i decided to downgrade the BIOS to the 1.1.0 version and the frezees still persist. The screen glitch did'nt go back. Sometimes i have to force the shutdowns because the programs just fail and dont respond (all this while websurfing or using Autocad or whatever). Please DELL solve this problem.

0 Kudos
sofistek
Silver

I also saw this problem, twice in quick succession. Just a sudden restart, and I was in the middle of an OS update on a VM. Thankfully that's not critical but the VM didn't boot the the first time after the sudden reboot.

I had only noticed it today for the first time, since getting the laptop (Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming) a week ago. I was also on battery, both times. Oddly, I had been running Linux for a week and didn't see the problem (though I mostly run plugged in, I did run from battery a couple of days, even with Linux). I've just switched back to Windows 10 and saw the problem twice. Been OK for several hours now though. I'm also on Bios 1.2.0 (updated soon after getting the laptop) and see no further BIOS updates.

ariwidjaja
Copper

+1, I've got same problem. its restart randomly after I install the new BIOS.

0 Kudos
Gureen
Bronze

Visiting this discussion thread everyday to see if there's good news. So far, none. Come on, Dell. You can do better than this.

averageuser
Copper

Same issue please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
MikeJ290
Bronze

I do not see any recent driver updates listed for my service tag/Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming laptop.

Dell, can you please provide an update on this issue?

Chris.lyf
Copper

Same issue after BIOS update. Fixed the grey screen issue but now laptop restarts randomly by itself. Twice already within a couple of hours. Please fix this problem asap as this is a major issue.

dsfoster5
Copper

Has anyone talked to someone at Dell yet?

0 Kudos
MikeJ290
Bronze

I contacted Dell technical support chat a few days ago. The agent suggested that it may be a hardware / battery related issue, but I am certain that the issue is caused by the 1.2.0 BIOS update.

My laptop is still covered under the one year warranty, but at this point I wish I could simply return it and get a full refund.

marcorloz2
Copper

Exactly the same issue

0 Kudos