Gureen
Bronze

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

What's annoying about this situation is the fact that Dell refuses to believe that it is caused by the faulty BIOS. To be honest, if the grey screen problem never happened, I wouldn't upgrade the BIOS in the first place. This is not a hardware problem, Dell. Acknowledge this fact. The grey screen problem and this shutdown/restart problem happened the same day for me.

My laptop is still covered under the one year warranty. If they do replace parts, it's just a waste of time. My computer is already flooded with kernel 41 errors, geezus. We can't keep this plugged in forever.

0 Kudos
jhn01
Bronze

Dell Updates throw me again the BIOS Update 1.2.0. after i downgraded hoping to fix it (It didn't) My Laptop keeps freezing in random times and is really annoying. I dont want to lose my work for this problems so DELL PLEASE, GIVE US FEEDBACK, SOMETHING!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please be sure you are following the guidelines in this knowledgebase article:  http://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdhs1/sln129956/bios---what-it-is-and-how-to-download-or-...

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
StevieT65
Bronze

What about those of us that HAVE followed the guidelines and are still getting shut-downs?  There IS a bug somewhere and DELL is not acknowledging it!

@Community,

I've submitted a question to Dell engineering to try and find out if they're working to resolve anything similar to the symptom reported on this thread. Once I hear back from them I'll post back here with next steps.

Justin C

Dell Technical Support L3 | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

JRomer96
Copper

Well lets wait on word Ladies and Gents! I need this fixed!

auguzto
Copper

the same problem in here

MikeJ290
Bronze

@DELL-Justin C thank you for the update! I'm hoping this gets resolved soon.

cgator41
Bronze

Add me to the list having the same problem. Updated the BIOS to fix the screen problem and now having random restarts.

Gureen
Bronze

@DELL-Justin C Thank you very much! Hoping to hear from the team soon.