Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2017 14:00

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Buzzing noise.

Hello, I noticed recently that when my fan is at its fastest rpm and the laptop keys are pressed lightly there is a buzzing noise that can be heard. this noise goes away if the fan slows down or I press harder on the keys. Recently I also discovered that adjusting the screen physically as in moving back or forth seems to take it away as well. Any thoughts?

1 Message

September 27th, 2017 00:00

Hi!) I found a solution for this problem. Even if CPU and GPU temperature is normal, notebook case is heating in heavy tasks. Solution is simple: make more space between notebook and table. And in my case buzzing noise disappeared.

5 Posts

April 4th, 2017 08:00

No ideas? lol

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 4th, 2017 09:00

Have you tried muting the speakers?

5 Posts

April 9th, 2017 13:00

Yes this is not the source of the noise

2 Posts

April 27th, 2017 08:00

I have the same problem, comes from the right upper fan, it is getting too much voltage!

2 Posts

April 27th, 2017 08:00

I have the exact same problem, it comes from under the right fan, these guys up here are kinda stupid. It aint the speaker. I've tried flashing the bios and updating every drive in existing. I've taking out all the drivers and run windows from a flash drive with a stress tester to see where it is comming from. It looks like the right fan is getting to much voltage and it starting to buzz, The buzzing is really anoying and Dell can fix this with a firmware update, thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 27th, 2017 12:00

Hello, I noticed recently that when my fan is at its fastest rpm and the laptop keys are pressed lightly there is a buzzing noise that can be heard. this noise goes away if the fan slows down or I press harder on the keys. Recently I also discovered that adjusting the screen physically as in moving back or forth seems to take it away as well. Any thoughts?

I checked my system by running the 3D Mark Time Spy DirectX 12 benchmark.  The fans seem to running at full speed but all I could hear was a slight high pitched hum. pressing a key made no difference for me.  I could also hear the doppler effect from the two fans but that is normal.

A "buzzing" sound could be taken different ways since some of these sounds are hard to describe.  I was getting a sound like a hard drive seeking on one of my systems (SSDs only) which was coming through the audio output.  Since yours did not stop it must be something else.  

When you say "adjusting the screen stops it", possibly it is related to a physical condition where a tip of a fan might be hitting something when it spins up.  There is not a lot of room under the system for air to get into the two intake ports.  You might try elevating the back of the unit slightly to see if it cools better or effects the sound.  Make sure and not block those bottom air intakes.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 27th, 2017 22:00

mines also has the same problem, hope dell going to fix this soon ....my fan make loud noise when playing game and drain my battery power faster even im not playing a game, i can only browse website without power plug for 6hr lol ....my nvidia control panel already run at optimal power so the fan supposed not to running at full speed isn't? PLSSSSS FIX dell 7567 or im going to send back to dell maybe im getting defective product.Sorry for my bad english!!!

5 Posts

May 6th, 2017 08:00

You said this is from too much voltage. but my issue can be silenced if i adjust the screen or i press down on the keys.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 6th, 2017 10:00

Have you tried using something to isolate the sound, like a straw or paper towel roll or even a rolled up piece of paper?  

5 Posts

May 6th, 2017 11:00

How do you meen? I know it's coming from the left side beer the hinge

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 6th, 2017 11:00

How do you mean? I know it's coming from the left side near the hinge

You might be able to see, for instance if the noise is coming from the keyboard side or from the air exhaust on that side or the bottom air intake.  If you know it is the fan then no need.

What is your next step?  Do you intend to remove the bottom and check the fans or send the unit back for service?  The light tapping of a key would seem to indicate an electrical situation.  Does changing the keyboard backlight make any difference?

Exerting physical force to stop the noise would seem to be caused more by fan alignment or position.

If you can think of anything you want me to try, let me know...

May 20th, 2017 17:00

This is the same problem to my laptop so I decided to open theback of the laptop and I saw that the buzzer is demaged here is the link of the picture that u can see how it looks : i65.tinypic.com/352irtc.jpg , I am living out of USA so any idea what should I do ?

1 Message

June 24th, 2017 17:00

Just wanted to chime in and say I've been getting the same thing for about a month now. If I pick my laptop up and tilt it at certain angles when it's happening, it stops it, but restarts as soon as I set it back down.

I've taken the back panel off and done some very thorough cleaning of the fan and surrounding areas several times with compressed air, but no luck any time it happened. I think my next step is going to be to completely take it apart and see if there's something up with the wires maybe hitting a blade or a loose screw or something.

Anyways, I'm glad to know this hasn't just been me. I've had  a hard time finding people with the same problem with this laptop up until now.

September 15th, 2017 19:00

I have this problem too, in my case the subwoofer pops in times from times

No Events found!