Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2011 21:00

Dell Inspiron 1501 Fn Key Not Working

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 and I recently changed my operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7.  Some how the Function key is not working.  I can only turn the volume up and down by pressing Fn key + Page Up, Page Dn keys.  Also, the smal icons that appear on the bottom right corner when you use the Fn key are not showing on the screen.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  I will really appreciate any type of help.

My email address is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

September 3rd, 2011 02:00

Hi Quitochi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest that you reinstall Quickset on your computer. I do not see a Quickset that will run on Win 7 for this computer, but you can try using the below link to install it.

Once you download and run the file you it may say that its not supported, click ok. Click on start, computer, C drive, Dell folder, search for the file name R157261.EXE and double click on it, seach for the setup file, right click on the file and click on properties, click on the compatibility tab on top, and check the box that says run this program in compatiblity mode for: Select win xp service pack 2, at the bottom to privilige level check box and then click ok, then double click on the setup file and install it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

January 9th, 2012 04:00

Hi Royan,

I have dell insipron N5010 and i my hard disk was crashed and i got a replacement. I had been given new Windows but I don't have the drivers cd.

I had instaled almost every drivers available on dell official site but still my function key is not working.

When i press button F2(its symbol is wifi) the wifi turns on without using the fuction key.

But when I want to reduce the brightness  It does not responds even when I press the function key  none of the keys is working like mute play/pause etc.

I realy don't knoe wht to do now please help me.

I was thinking to call dell but the procedure is very long we have to wait 15 - 20 mins
If there is any other way I can download the drivers online please let me know.

No Events found!