PennyB36
Copper

Dell Inspiron 1764 will not power on

I purchased this laptop in March 2010. It has worked well up until now. I the last month, I noticed an unusual sound lasting 20 seconds a few times. I replaced the power cord a couple of months prior with a dell replacement product. Now, it will not power on at all. The power adapter cord is lit and remain lit when connected to my laptop. I have tried disconnecting the AC and battery and pressing the on button for at least 30 seconds with no result. I have taken it to a local shop and was recommended to "just get a new one". Any other options? I have been loyal to dell products over the last 12 years and am a little disappointed with this issue so soon after the warrenty ran out.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 1764 will not power on

Hi  PennyB36,

Welcome the Community,

There are three LEDs in front of the system.The first LED from the left is the power LED,does it turn on(even for a second) when you try to turn on the system?

Before considering this to be a motherboard failure,I would suggest you to get the power circuit board checked(by local technician) which holds the  power button to turn on/off system.Failure of this board may also cause no power issue.

Refer to this link to find the part: www.parts-people.com/index.php

Note:Above link is a 3rd party website and not a Dell website.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Dell Inspiron 1764 will not power on

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                      

0 Kudos