Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2012 16:00

Dell Inspiron M5030 BIOS/CMOS chip location

I need to replace the BIOS/CMOS chip but i cannot find it on the motherboard. it's the Chip 24C02 and for the life of me i don't see it. am i looking at the right chip? could it be named differently? i would like to know where it's at before i buy a new one on ebay to verify that its the right one.

thank you for your time.

Zacoalco

2K Posts

October 17th, 2012 19:00

Hi zacoalco,

Unfortunately we do not have that information. But if the BIOS/CMOS chip is bad then we recommend you to replace the motherboard.

4 Posts

October 20th, 2012 22:00

i forgot the system password and i need to finish my homework. i read that i can jump the BIOS chip to clear it. which one is the BIOS/CMOS Chip so i can do this? these are the names on the chip from the motherboard.

- WINBOUND 26Q16BVSIG 1020

- TPC8061 H016

- 7534B1 ADP054

- S412 W98C

- RT9025 25P5PCHK05

- TPC8061 H011

- APL5930 XM93H

- 4407A BA0V6T

- 4800B A9 W02K

somebody gotta know which one is the BIOS.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 21st, 2012 04:00

Just call Dell, verify ownership, and they'll issue the master system password you can use to clear the CMOS password.  

The BIOS chip is soldered to the board - so it cannot be removed without de-soldering it.

2K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 02:00

Hi zacoalco,

I would be glad to help you, however I would require the system service tag and system ID (if available).

When the computer prompts for the password, please input incorrect password thrice it may give a system id, please make a note of it and send it.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on ‘Friends’ tab at the top and then click on ‘Request to Review’ and finally click on ‘Accept’ button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on ‘Inbox’ to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

December 28th, 2012 23:00

Hi I am having this same issue however when I input the wrong password 3 times it simply blackscreens and shutsdown please help

1.8K Posts

December 28th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Do you get an option to enter a password at Dell logo? If yes, you might need to change the BIOS password. In order to assist you in a better way, I would need the Service Tag of your computer. 

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details (like name of the system owner) so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with information.

December 29th, 2012 00:00

thanks for your quick reply I have sent you a private message and will already save you some time and tell you that the system is out of warranty :(

December 29th, 2012 22:00

I have not heard reply from you since Chinmay S was wondering if you can still help me or not :/

1.8K Posts

January 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi soulgriever,

My apologies for the delayed response. 

In order to assist you in a better way, I would need the following details:

• Name of the system owner
  • Phone number
  • Complete address with Zip code
  • Date of purchase of computer
  • Country of purchase. 

Please private message me the details. Awaiting your response. 

January 1st, 2013 07:00

As the laptop is not mine I am simple his friend working on the laptop I can only give you the laptop owners name, Ryan Palmer. Beyong that I cannot disclose any information about him as it is not my information to give

1.8K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 06:00

Hi,

I understand your concern but in order to assist you further in a better way, I would need the original system owner's information. You can get in touch with the system owner and if he agrees to it, you can private message me the details. 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

1 Message

January 12th, 2013 07:00

Hi, fun with Dell, HUH!!  I have an M5030 laptop that belongs to a friend of a friend.  It gave 7 beep error during post.  I've refluxed the north & southbridge chips.  It posts but requires a system password.  It's out of warranty & Dell whats $$$ for solution.  Can't tell you the system ID but the service tag is Service tag removed per privacy policy>.  Can't boot to CD either.  I have 2 good MB's for other models that have the same.  My outside email is Email id removed per privacy policy>  If you can help let me know.  I've puller the cmos battery out overnight with no help.  Battery & AC adapter were not connected either.  Thanks much!!!  Dave

1 Message

August 10th, 2013 00:00

hi I have m5030 I reset bios to factory default and when it booted back up it was asking for system password I called dell and explained  what was going on and that I bought it fRom pawn max.they said that they would give me the password and tech support for a month for $125 then $19 a month after that.I've gave $150  for the laptop had for two months and never had to use a password .I don't understand why it's asking now

2K Posts

August 12th, 2013 00:00

Hi ken-w-b,

I will be glad to help you. You may read the below pointers which might help you in understanding about password reset:

(1) Does the password prompt appear after windows loading or before windows loading?

(2) If it appears after windows loading we would be unable to retrieve password and an operating system reinstall needs to be done.

(3) However, if it is before windows loading then do send me the system service tag via private message along with the screenshot of the error message that gets displayed. I will check and see what can be done.

1 Message

August 15th, 2016 21:00

Hello KIRAN, I'm having the same problem with my M5030 requiring a system password is there anyway you can help me. Service Tag: F993HP1, Thank you

No Events found!