Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2016 10:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 Will Not Turn On

My N5010 Will not power on with or without the battery installed. The power button blinks white every four seconds.  The AC adapter is working fine.  I have removed the battery, unplugged the AC adapter, and held down the power on switch for 30 seconds without success. I have removed and reinstalled components such as HDD, memory, etc. without success. I have installed a new DC Jack Board WXHDY and it still will not power on.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

July 27th, 2016 19:00

Hi JPEGGLETON 

Thanks for writing to us. 

We see that you have tried almost everything we can think off including the DC jack.

If the system is not powering on without the Hard drive memory modules etc, then it looks to be a problem with the motherboard. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

July 28th, 2016 19:00

Hi, Do give us a shout should you have any questions.

1 Message

July 29th, 2016 14:00

Hi Dell Support,

Looks, like I got same trouble at the same time as my pre-poster, coincidently.

My Dell Inspiron N7010 swiched off two days before, as working. Since there not working eighter on bateries or charger nor together. I have removed HD and check the DDR3 memo cards as well. No results. No initial reaction on cooling fan noticed, fan is not starting as power buton is pushing, only power inicators blinking.  After openning the laptop there was not overheating signature or destroyed parts inside, however the resonable dust from the radiator was removed by the ocassion. Additionaly I have removed the cooling  fan and connected it shortly in to  the external power 5 v, the fan was also not even moved. Do you thing repleasing the fan for the new one would helps?

No Events found!