Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2015 00:00

Dell Latitude E7450 compatibility with E-Port Plus II with external Dual DisplayPort monitors

I have a Dell Latitude E7450 laptop with a E-Port Plus II port replicator connected to two external monitors using DisplayPort which will not output to multiple monitors.

I have another Dell model and when placed on the port replicator with two external monitors connected, booting into BIOS/UEFI the screen is cloned onto each monitor. However, when doing the same with a brand new Dell Latitude E7450 only one screen is active - the other is off. Within Windows itself, I can only have 1 monitor connected to the port replicator. If I undock, I can run 3 monitors independently indicating an issue with the dock rather than a hardware limitation with the laptop itself.

I believe the above tests eliminates the OS or driver issue and highlights a compatibility issue between the new Dell Latitude E7450 laptop and E-Port Plus II port replicator. I have tried this on 2 separate machines with the same results. I have also updated both the graphics drivers (Version 10.18.14.4170, A16) and the BIOS (Version A04) to the latest releases. I have also tried using DVI cables as well as swapping out the port replicators. Nothing works. In Windows 8.1 itself, it actually shows as two monitors active, but one is not on. If I swap out the monitors to a different brand, I get the same result.

Is there a BIOS/UEFI setting I need to change? Is there a newer port replicator or update I need?

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 08:00

Did you resolve this issue and, if so, how? I have the same laptop (but running Windows 10) and the same docking station with the same results.

2 Posts

August 17th, 2015 17:00

Unfortunately we never did. We did discover we had two different variations of the Dell E7450 - one with a keyboard with a IBM style pointing stick, and one without. The one without seemed to work fine. The other model we could only drive two monitors using the VGA and DisplayPort ports. I could never drive two external monitors using DisplayPort. I requested from our supplier only to have the laptops without the pointing stick. No idea how the internals differ between these models however.

1 Message

November 24th, 2017 14:00

Hi there...do some one already fix this issue?

I also have same Latitude E7450 with IBM style pointing stick sinde June 2016 working with E-Port model pro2x & works fine using Display-Port for both monitors...but until 4 months ago 1 monitor starting to blackout for some minutes, then back & this continues until last week when both monitors gets black several time for the day without signal & then signal back.  

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 24th, 2017 20:00

Did you try updating the firmware for the Synaptics DisplayPort MST hub built into the system? You have to run the update while the system is docked and has at least one dock-connected display active and then restart.

No Events found!