Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 28th, 2017 11:00

Dell Support Services Cause Event 1035 - Windows Installer has reconfigured ... for almost every program on my system

I have a Inspiron 5759 runing Windows 10.  I try to keep all Dell support services enabled e.g. SupportAssist, SupportAssist Remediation, Update, the various Vault services, etc. 

As of about Sept 2017, updates to Windows 10 (preceding the 1709 update) and/or Dell support software has produced a situation where Windows Installer goes through a verification and re-configuration of almost all applications on my system.  Each of these operations is reflected by Event 1035 in the Windows Application log.

I can leave the following services enabled:  SupportAssist Agent, Foundation Services, Digital Delivery, and Update.  If I enable the Vault Collector/Processor/SvcAPI, and I believe SupportAssist Remediation, Customer Connect, and Help&Support, I begin getting bursts of Event 1035.

The problem began before 1709 was installed and has continued after.

There are web articles describing how this situation is hazardous and can result in application corruption. Hence I am inclined to leave these services disabled.

Dell uses PC Doctor for its automated management and I see PCDr processes popping up now and then I expect related to the background services as well as scheduled tasks.  Hence I am not able to narrow down the circumstances that produce these reconfiguration operations.

Any insights from Dell support staff would be appreciated, notably what is compromised by disabling the services I noted above.

Please see link below for background info:

support.microsoft.com/.../event-log-message-indicates-that-the-windows-installer-reconfigured-al

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!