Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2017 10:00

Dell Vostro 5000 Series

Hi there, 

I bought the Dell Vostro 5568 as a birthday gift for my mom about a month ago and for that month she could barely use it. 

The lap-top "freezes" all the time. No matter what you're using it for. It was meant to be used only for browsing the internet and watching movies. None of that could be done. Both Firefox and Chrome browsers crash and "freeze" all the time. 

I ran the hardware tests - memory, fan, hard discs, etc. (F12 key upon boot). The results were fine. No errors were found. All tests "passed"

This is what I got: 

Vostro 15 5568

Service Tag 

All tests passed

Validation: 115213

After performing the tests, I restarted the machine, logged in, started Firefox, tried to open Dell.com and the lap top just crashed. The fan started working as if I was playing some kind of heavy game, or some memory draining software...

I've also tried reinstalling Windows 10 couple of times, Firefox, Chrome - no luck, it even got worse after the tests that I did last night.

Tried CHKDS check of the hard disks - again no bad sectors, no errors.

I would really appreciate some counsel on how to proceed. Should I just return the lap-top? I really wanted to buy Dell so I'd be glad if you are able to help as I don't want to switch or exchange it with other brand.

Regards,

Svetoslav K

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 27th, 2017 11:00

The return period has now passed, so that is not an option (unless your reseller permits it;  most have a restriction on the return period - Dell allows 21 days from shipment).

If this is mostly with browsers,  turn off the hardware acceleration and the problem should clear up (see link below on how to do this).

ccm.net/.../35743-google-chrome-how-to-disable-hardware-acceleration

No Events found!