Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2016 14:00

Dell XPS 13 Screen Flicker

Hello all,

My Dell XPS 13 has had a screen flicker issue ever since I bought it.  It mostly happens when the laptop is turned out and seems to go away after it's been running for a few minutes.  Here's a video of the issue:

Any ideas?  Should I send it back to Dell since it's still under warranty?

• 

351 Posts

January 4th, 2016 07:00

Hi Tveliskos,

If you have the 9343 XPS 13 then install this driver as it will resolve the issue

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Thanks

January 4th, 2016 07:00

Hi Tveliskos,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please private message us the service tag of the system.

Also, request you to run the on-board diagnostics on the system and check in the LCD screen test if the issue occurs.

Please follow the instructions in the below steps:

http://dell.to/1M2LIqy

Post back any error codes or message you receive.

Kindest Regards,

DELL-Akshatha M

Social Media and Community Professional

[tag:IWork4Dell]

• 

351 Posts

January 4th, 2016 08:00

Duplicate

January 5th, 2016 10:00

Do you have a reliable solution for this exact same problem on the XPS 9350?

2 Posts

January 5th, 2016 18:00

Unfortunately the driver did not work.  I'm wondering if it is a faulty connection between the laptop base and the screen.  I ran the diagnostic test and it came back with no errors.

13 Posts

January 6th, 2016 01:00

If the 4300 graphics driver didn't help, try installing the latest 4352 driver directly from Intel's website, then setting "System cooling policy" to Active (in Power options > Processor power management).  The driver might require a force-install, using instructions in this post:

en.community.dell.com/.../19659608

• 

351 Posts

January 6th, 2016 02:00

Sorry the driver didn't work.

Best way to rule out any loose or faulty connections would be to attach an ext monitor and see if that flickers; If it does then it's probably Motherboard related, if it doesn't then it's more than likely the LCD itself.

Watching your video again, it only seems to happen when you move the screen. Is that right?

If it is you'll need a replacement LCD assembly, so either contact Tech Support or PM me your service tag and I'll arrange a replacement based on the warranty you have

No Events found!