Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

OZ

August 16th, 2015 12:00

Dell XPS 15 9530 - Keyboard problem.

Hello

I've upgraded my windows 8.1 to 10 recently, and I had problems with the keyboard.

The keyboard stops completely and doesn't respond at all, ie: pressing on any key wouldn't result in typing or any other input. This occurs like 3-4 times /day

And another keyboard problem I was facing (that occurred only after the upgrade) is I have 2 keys that stop working while typing while the rest of the keyboard keys work fine. These 2 keys are the q and w. it happens so frequently but sometimes they work just fine. This happens like every few mins and it's very annoying.

Sometimes I have to press on the key like 10 times to get the w or the q working (light pressing, I don't believe there is a problem in the key itself, but more of a software problem.)

I've tried to search for such problem on the forums, but I haven't seen anyone reporting similar problem. I've made sure I have the latest driver software installed on my laptop.

I love my Dell laptop and I never really used support as I had no issues at all for the 2 dell laptops (and I haven't been anything but a dell user for the past 8 years) and this is the first time I raise a support ticket.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

2 Posts

August 17th, 2015 19:00

Am having the same problem with my XPS15. Have to restart the laptop to get the keyboard to function.

22 Posts

August 19th, 2015 14:00

Thank you for reporting the same problem. I hope Dell will solve this soon.

Anyone experiencing the same problem, please report here to help push this forward.

3 Posts

August 20th, 2015 21:00

I have two xps 9530 (currently typing its lagging) and a 9333. Im having the same lag even with a logitech wireless keyboard its so annoying. My acer M5-583p costing less than half has none of the issues these laptops are giving me. 

What is up with dell? Years ago i bought an xps 15 with the same issues so i sent it back 5 years later they keep dropping the ball.

I get so frustrated working on this machine because all i do is type in word document and emails. 

Writing this messages it happend about ten times with noticeable lag. Why dell why?

P.S. I did upgrade to windows 10. I dont remember having this problem in Windows 8 but could be wrong.

11 Posts

August 21st, 2015 02:00

Hi I also have this problem after upgrading to windows 10 with my Dell Vostro 3750. but I found if I turned off my Kaspersky internet security the keyboard work ok

22 Posts

September 18th, 2015 19:00

Thank you Sam, but this solution doesn't work here. Have you noticed any lags since your last post?

Did anyone else find a solution for this? If yes, would you please share what you did to solve this problem, with us?

Dell support, may we get your attention here please?

September 19th, 2015 08:00

Hello and good morning

Throw away the Logitech Keyboard as I have had approximately 4 and the keyboards are junk. The Logitech Wireless Mouse are very good. You have to go to Logitech as Dell will not support non-dell products and you have to contact the manufacturer.

Information provided by Dell Pro Support..

There are rarely any issues with a standard 101 cabled keyboard and it is a Logitech K120 Keyboard.

Food for thought.

Mark

Postscript: Perhaps other members can help you better than I.

11 Posts

September 21st, 2015 03:00

Hi guys just an update for you since I turned off the  (Secure data input in Kaspersky settings) I have had no more problems

1 Message

November 1st, 2015 10:00

Hi Omar!

I have the same problem after upgrading to W10... Have you found any solution?

Regards

22 Posts

November 9th, 2015 12:00

I've made a completely new installation of windows 10. I've also upgraded my Kasper Internet Security to the latest version that is compatible with Windows 10. And I've followed some instructions made above regarding a keyboard setting in Kaspersky. 

Eventually, I haven't had the problem for quite sometime. 

22 Posts

December 21st, 2015 15:00

Unfortunately, I've been suffering from the same problem for over a month now again.

It's very frustrating and I've been hitting the "q" and "w" keys a lot and eventually failing to get them to type (works like 1,2 from 10 tries after pressing the key for a long time.)

I've started using the on screen keyboard more often now for these 2 letters and it's really really frustrating.

I've been a very fast writer, but now, I've been slow for 2 reasons:

1- I need to find words that don't have these 2 letters

2- I need to use the on-screen keyboard if I have to use these 2 letters.

Any help would really be appreciated and would help me make my days less stressful.

Thank you all.

No Events found!