sciative
Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15z : "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature"

Jump to solution

Did anyone find a solution to this issue. Having the exact same problem. Updated BIOS, replaced battery, still the problem continues...

0 Kudos
rt7mehta
Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15z : "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature"

Jump to solution

I called the dell support helpline. they told me that i will have to change my mother board which is proving out to be a costly affair.. Can the motherboard really be a problem. The message displayed to me was that to reset the ac adapter and allow the battery to come to nominal operating temperature. Can this issue be caused because i Didn't use my laptop for 8 consecutive days??

please help

0 Kudos
suzy000
Copper

Jump to solution

I just fixed mine with the SAME issue.  Unplug the laptop and take out your battery.  Power down.  By the way....I have already bought a new power cord and battery and to no avail, it did not work.  I went into bios and checked my ac adapter...they were already enabled.  I even checked my pin on my old and new power cords to make sure they were lined up perfectly centered.  My problem was such a simple fix.  My computer was given back to me as a family member got a newer model (from me and Dell) and so I got their older model.  Their was dust in the charging HOLE and battery compartment.  After all I had done, it only took a can of air to blow out the charging hole and battery compartment and WALA...it worked like a charm.Give it a try.

0 Kudos