Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 6th, 2015 01:00

Dell inspiron 1501 BIOS error??

Hi all! The problem is this: the laptop can't log in windows 8.1, is computer diagnostics, system check and says the presence of errors, the collection of information and restarts. When I go from usb to restore the system (windows 8.1), there is the following inscription: Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v 2.1.0

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. Operating system not found.

What's going on? Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 6th, 2015 09:00

No, the problem is with the installation of the operating system on the drive that won't boot.  You can try a repair (you'll need a Windows DVD with the same version that is on the hard drive).  Start the system from the Windows DVD and choose "repair" when prompted.  If that fails, you will need to reinstall Windows.

1 Message

June 6th, 2015 02:00

I have the same problem

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 6th, 2015 04:00

Check the system setup (F2 at powerup).  If the hard drive isn't showing, unplug the system, remove the battery and remove and reinstall the hard drive.  If it then shows up, restart, press F12 and run a diagnostic on the drive.

If it fails the diagnostic or doesn't show up after you reseat it, the drive has failed and you'll need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive.

June 6th, 2015 07:00

I had a diagnosis. Everything is in order. Disk work. I go with the second hard drive with linux. But windows still writes: preparation recovery, computer diagnostics, and computer malfunctions. And again restarts. When you try to insert usb issued past mistakes. On linux I can see the contents of the usb and the first hard disk. The problem is in the BIOS?

June 6th, 2015 11:00

Yeah, sure, I'll try to restore via dvd (windows). But I notice now that I disabled and removed the hard drive with an installed windows and tried in the bios to put the usb boot (windows iso), and I was again shown the same inscription as in my first message. Though in linux (again) I see the contents of that usb.

June 7th, 2015 01:00

MARLENA13 Hi! How do you decide?

June 10th, 2015 05:00

Hi! You were absolutely right. Incorrectly was recorded usb. I went to the computer via the dvd drive and it worked. Thank you.

No Events found!