Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2012 07:00

Dell inspiron N5110 won't turn on

Greetings,

If someone can help me. Like I mentioned in the subject my laptop won't start. I checked forums here and tried the offered solutions but nothing. My AC works fine, green light turns on when I plug it, and stays the same when I plug it to laptop. Laptop doesn't make any sounds...my led for battery on laptop doesn't work when I plug it on AC.

Anyone with any idea??

• 

3.3K Posts

Hi  Alex912,

Thank you and I appreciate for some of the trouble shooting steps done. From the steps it is clear that the ac adapter is perfectly fine. I would request you to perform some of these steps and that may help in turning on the system. Kindly remove the ac adapter and battery from the system and then press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds. Then connect only the ac adapter and turn on the system. If the system does not turn on I suspect the motherboard or port on the mother board going bad. Hope this helps and reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujatha K
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

Just tried what you suggested but still nothing happens...no lights, no sounds...nothing...guess the problem is much deeper...but it worked just fine last night...I couldn't turn it on last week as well but I manged to turn it on and it worked just fine until today.

• 

3.3K Posts

September 18th, 2012 13:00

Hi Alex912,

While you try to turn on the system is there any indication of power from the system (any light blinking). You may wiggle the power cable and see if the system starts. To further help request you to private message me your system service tag number so that I can check the warranty and give more information. To private message accept my friend request, click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujatha K
#iworkfordell

3.1K Posts

May 18th, 2013 06:00

Hi Scorch79,

Is there a light on the AC Adapter? 

I would suggest you try to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
  • Then remove the adapter and the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter
  • Try to restart the computer and check

Please reply with the findings.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2013 06:00

Hi, I'm also having trouble with my Inspiron N5110. It eon't power up with or without the battery and I don't even get a charging light when it's plugged in. I'd appreciate any advice you have as it's just out of warranty even though bought leads than a year ago Thanks, Scorch79

3.1K Posts

May 18th, 2013 10:00

Hi Scorch79,

If there is no light at all, the issue might be with the motherboard or the AC Adapter port. This system usually comes with an AC Adapter port. Before replacing the motherboard, I would suggest you to replace the DC-in port. Else, the motherboard would require replacement.

Let me know if your system is in warranty. I would be glad to assist.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2013 10:00

Hi

There is a light on the adapter and it powers up another Dell laptop with no problems. I've also tried using another power adapter to no avail.  There isn't any residual power in the laptop and I've tried your instructions above but no joy. Do you think it might be the battery? There is no charging light appearing when plugged into the mains

Thanks for your help

2 Posts

July 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi

I am in exactly the same position as when alex912 commented the second time. My laptop won't turn on and when in connect the ac adapter there are no lights on whatsoever. I tried using the battery from my sisters laptop which is exactly the same but it didn't work either, so don't think it's that.

I would be very grateful for any help, thanks.

3 Posts

July 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi Arjay1

I sent mine off to Dell under warranty and they changed the motherboard. Seems to be working well now

Hope this help

2 Posts

July 21st, 2013 14:00

Thanks for replying scorch 79. 

Not sure mine is still in warranty but  very useful to know you found a solution that works :)

November 13th, 2013 10:00

mine just stopped working today
its been to dell to get a new hdd 
then a mother board heatsync CPU/GPU?APU then the bottom of the case the last thing was a DVD rom drive 
my service ran out may 15 2013 and ever since then ive been having problems with it 
today it just finally stopped powering on after i put my iphone charger in the side port by the DVD rom
it shows the power light and the 3 lights on the side but after that it doesnt do anything 
i even took the ram out and it POST the warning about it but nothing else happens 
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM

1 Message

November 16th, 2013 09:00

My service tag number is  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

November 20th, 2013 12:00

I have the same problem with what appears to be the same model of Dell. It has been crashing spontaneously since I bought, but now it is out of warranty it has died completely and won't even switch on. I have tried all the normal trouble shooting tips such as discharging static etc. I am a journalist and really need to get to my work on the computer - frankly this is the last straw from an unreliable laptop.

2 Posts

January 24th, 2015 22:00

I have Laptop " DELL Inspiron N5110", I am facing issue, it does not power up. I have to discharge its Static Charge while removing its Power Battery and Pressing its Button for 10 to 20 Seconds then Plug in Power Battery and turn Laptop ON.

I have sent this laptop to workshop for a permanent solution but could not find solution.

Can any body help me to get ride of this issue.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 11:00

Same issue. If not handled by Dell, I won't be buying another one.
No Events found!