Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 09:00

Dell latitude d630c screen problem

When I switched on my laptop today I found "BRIGHT GREEN PIXELS IN PLACE OF BLACK PIXELS" . Sometimes it is adjusted automatically and then again the black pixels are replaced.

Please please please someone help me to figure out this problem.

Here is a video I taken of my screen  : 

1.8K Posts

October 15th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Please let me know if there is any accidental or physical damage to the laptop. You can also run a test on the LCD of your computer to check if it is an issue with that. You can watch the detailed steps and how to run LCD BIST at this link: http://dell.to/R6XKBV

In case the test passes, you can update the video drivers for your computer.

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Display adapters”, you will find the video driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system and click on the link: http://dell.to/OukFUO
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • You will find the video driver under “Video”.
  • Click on the video driver depending on the video card your system has. (Install the same video driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Install the video driver by following the on screen instructions.
  • Check if the issue is resolved or not.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with the findings.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                              

No Events found!