Highlighted
Colinense
Copper

Displayport to HDMI audio problem

Dear Support Team,

I have got an E6410 with a DP > HDMI converter. The video part is working fine on the TV but the audio does not work at all (is still remain on laptop).

I have downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers form  dell.com for this type of laptop but the problem is still the same .

I have  the latest  Graphics Driver for the Intel HD Video card from Dell Support Center.

Do you have any Idea ?

Displayport on E6410 doesn't support audio transmition?

Regards

Jorge

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Colinense
Copper

Re: Displayport to HDMI audio problem

Please, any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Colinense,

Welcome to the Community. Disconnect all your the cables and reconfigure the connection using your TV. You have an option on your TV to set to HDMI. Not an issue with the computer, as you are able to get video.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

0 Kudos
bchoate
Copper

I'm having the same problem on an E6510.   Dell support says audio is not supported but I read of others that are able to make it work.  Did you get a resolution to your problem?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
EvilMax
Copper

I have found a solution for Linux.

1. Put in alsa.conf  or your another module config file (depends on distribution) following line:

options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-2

2. Reload alsa service (or reboot).

3. Unmute IEC958 in alsamixer

4. Enjoy Smiley Happy

It worked for me immediately and other people. Source of solution is Gentoo WiKi part related to Dell Latitude E6x00 laptops: en.gentoo-wiki.com/.../Dell_Latitude_E6x00

0 Kudos
JB3393
Copper

But does the DisplayPort carry 1) audio and video, or 2) only video?

0 Kudos
Lenny Lee
Copper

Go to control > Sound. Open the Sound Control Panel then select Playback tab, and choose your TV as the default device. Once you done this, the sound will be sent to your TV. I am using Windows 7 on Dell E6410, and it works for me. I assume it will work on Windows Vista as well.

Lenny

0 Kudos
szaszandras
Bronze

I'm also using Windows 7 64bit on an E6410 and I'm having trouble with the audio.

About a year ago everything was just fine, both the video and the sound were carried over through the hdmi to the tv, but now I can't make it work. I've tried reinstalling an older version of the Intel GMA HD driver, reinstalling the IDT HD Audio driver, no success... :-(

The video is fine, but sadly no audio goes through the displayport/hdmi cable. There's even no Displayport/HDMI sound device showing up on the playback devices list in the control panel even with the Show disabled/disconnected devices options turned on...

Does anyone know a solution, I would highly appreciate if you would share it with me!

0 Kudos
bchoate
Copper

It has been almost a year since I resolved this problem on my E6510 and I'm a little hazy on it at the moment, but I believe I downloaded and installed the file 275.33-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe from NVIDIA.  This is a back level set of drivers but it did the job for me.  It contains both audio and video drivers.

Bill

0 Kudos
szaszandras
Bronze

Thanks for sharing your solution. Unfortunately I don't have discrete graphics in mine, only the built-in Intel solution, so the Nvidia drivers won't help, I think...

0 Kudos